Transparent Video Background

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Transparent Video Background

Postby jayzombie » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:46 am

Hello!
Im new here. I just wanted to know if its possible to place a Raining Video with a Transparent Background on top of a few images. I rendered the video in Adobe After Effects with a transparent background but everytime I place it in Proshow Pro I can still see the background!! What gives???

-Jaime

Re: Transparent Video Background

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:16 pm

The simple answer is "NO." ProShow does not, at this time, recognize alpha channels in any video. You will need an alpha channel video mask for that. A decent video editor should be able to render the alpha channel for you. You will then use that grayscale video as a mask to mask out the regions that should be transparent.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby heckydog » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:57 pm

If it's just a few images, I'd suggest you add them to your rain effect in AE. Output a completed video, mp4 works well, and then bring it into PSP that way.

Either way you are bringing a video into PSP so there might be a slight delay due to buffering.

Joe

Postby jayzombie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:31 am

Thanx Guys....Im just going to Render certain slides as complete videos in After Effetcs with my Alpha channels and then insert the video into Proshow Prop

Wouldn't it be AWESOME if Proshow show allowed Alpha channels!!! Man that would be sweet lol

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:49 am

The request has been in for many years now. In the meantime, don't hold your breath waiting for ProShow to include it as a feature anytime soon.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby heckydog » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:11 am

I hope they don't add features like that.

ProShow is a slide show program. If they start adding all the video features people ask for, it will end up being bloatware that isn't very good at doing either one.

When I want to edit videos, I use my video editors. When I want special effects I use AE or Particle Illusion and then import the finished effect to PSP.

BluffTitler is a good example, imho. It was a great titling program when it first came out. Now it's morphing into who knows what. It wants to be the mini-me of After Effects. It's no where as good as AE and people have almost forgotten that it's called BluffTITLER

iow, be careful what you wish for. :)

Joe

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting