Caption time on a slide

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Caption time on a slide

Postby shane_1969 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:14 pm

I have a slide that I want to add a caption to. The slide time is 10 seconds, but I only want the caption to appear for 5 seconds. Is there some way to do this?

Thanks.

Re: Caption time on a slide

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Yes - open the slide for work (double click it), click on the caption you want to work with (if you have more than one on the slide) then click the "Effects" tab for the captions. You can change the time of the fly-in and fly-out as well as drag the starting keyframe to the middle of the slide or whatever you want to do (which would start the caption in the middle of the slide. Grabbing the edges of the "transition time" on the timeline allows you to change the time of the transition. Clicking on the transition will bring up the dialog box where you can select a different fly-in or fly-out transition.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby cherub » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Adding to Mikey's words:
If you want your caption to exit before the end of the slide, drag keyframe 2 to the left.
If you want your caption to enter later into the slide, drag keyframe 1 to the right.

:D

Postby shane_1969 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:17 am

Thanks, I can't believe how easy that was.

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:51 am

Glad we could help :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting