help ! psp stop working

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

help ! psp stop working

Postby COOLAR » Mon May 27, 2013 12:43 am

hello

i have the latest version of proshow prodcer.

i have used this program alot, but today when i try to open the program it stop working and i have to close it . i try to shutdown the computer but i stil have this problem.

please help me solve the problem.

thank you

Re: help ! psp stop working

Postby BarbaraC » Mon May 27, 2013 5:41 am

Did you try to open a show other than the one you're currently working on? If Producer works in that case, then there's a problem with the current show. Try deleting the .PXC file that you'll find in the same place where you're storing the .PSH (show) file.

If it doesn't matter what show you try to open or if Producer crashes without opening any show at all, something got corrupted in one of two of the program files. Here are the standard instructions, something that Photodex recommends:

With Producer closed, and making sure extensions are visible in Windows Explorer, go to the C:drive where you'll find the program's folder. In Windows 7, you'll find it inside the Program Files(x86). Click on the folder on the left side of the screen, and then on the right side, click the "Name" column so everything is in alphabetical order. Find ProShow.phd and ProShow.cfg, select each, and delete them. This does absolutely no harm since they're regenerated the moment you open up Producer.

This is likely to clear up your problems. Most of us have to do this occasionally.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby nannybear » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Ok did that, and it still crashes as soon as I try to create. Just upgraded to the latest and really ticked that this is not working on either the tower or the laptop....any other ideas? Photodex has not gotten back to me yet.... Hugs!!
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Jan, it's truly weird to be experiencing the same problem on both computers. Did you try a clean install, making sure your virus checker was turned off? Depending on the virus software, there can be things it'll decide are unsafe. It's the only thing I can think of that might be the same on both computers.

Another thing: Is GPU acceleration turned on in both computers? If the video card speed and memory is just barely over the border into acceptable, acceleration will be turned on, but it might not work terrifically well. Check in Preferences to see if it's on. If it is, turn it off. Maybe that will help.

It's the weekend, so the response from Photodex might be a tad slow, but you'll probably end up getting the most help from them.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby nannybear » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Thanks i will go back to the drawing board and check those out.....hugs
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting