Burning and ISO Issues

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Burning and ISO Issues

Postby Janners » Sat May 25, 2013 3:29 am

I am veryfrustrated as I try and burn a rather small show of 8 minutes long. I can't burn a disk or even make an ISO image. I did a complete re-install of ProShow Producer 5.0.3310 and no help. I also deleted the .pxc file and no help. I also deleted Roxio Burn program and no help. Just believe the solution is simple but after 1-1/2 hours, I am out of things to try. When I try to burn a DVD or an ISO image, as soon as I hit enter, I get the screen thst indicates the "the software may be in use illegally" (Not true, I am registered owner) and then I get ProShow has stopped working. I need some good ideas as I have a graduation show that I need to get to somebody. Any helpful ideas, please?

Jan Yoder

Re: Burning and ISO Issues

Postby im42n8 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:16 am

Odd problem ... have you contacted Photodex? Did you install the program with your anti-virus program OFF?

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gpsmikey » Sat May 25, 2013 7:46 am

I have heard of that issue before, but, unfortunately, I think it required Photodex and we have just gone into a 3 day weekend here. A couple of things you can try - uninstall Producer then try re-installing (not just do an install over the existing version) making sure you have disabled your antivirus as Dale indicated. Double check that you have entered your key correctly. Actually, before re-installing, try re-downloading the current version from Photodex (and you can check your key at the same time - you can look it up on their site). See if that helps - sorry for disjointed thinking here - have not had morning coffee yet !! :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Sat May 25, 2013 1:10 pm

If deciding to try the re-install route and turning off the anti-virus while doing that, do not turn the anti-virus stuff back on until AFTER launching/re-opening ProShow again. Photodex has advised to do it this way for years.

Every so often with free plug-in updates to things like Real Player and such, an extra anti-virus program gets installed without a user noticing. If the user does not proactively "opt out" and untick a box to refuse the extra program it will install it and can cause headaches too. Just a thought.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Janners » Mon May 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Thank you to all for the answers. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall and that solved my issue. I went to the Publishing tab and successfully burned my DVD that is needed. Yea!!!

I know there are always issues with different operating systems (I am on Windows 7) at times, but I was really out of things to try. I have used Producer in the past but have not tried publishing a show since I have had Windows 7. I don't know if that was even part of the problem but glad my reinstall solved the issue. Thanks for your fast suggestions and solutions!

Jan Yoder

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting