Soundtrack Keeps Skipping

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Soundtrack Keeps Skipping

Postby EYElene » Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 am

I am still trying to revise this slide show I've been having so much trouble with.
Now that I replaced all the missing files the soundtrack keeps skipping in certain places.
If I publish it and play it back it doesn't skip.
But it's messing up the order of the slides since the whole thing is timed to the narrator's voice.
Also, I need to add a few slides at the beginning.
How can I put a different soundtrack to them and then have the other soundtrack start where the original slides begin?

Re: Soundtrack Keeps Skipping

Postby BarbaraC » Thu May 23, 2013 12:22 pm

I don't know what's making the soundtrack skip during playback, though if it plays correctly when rendered, I suspect it may have to do with GPU Acceleration. If it's turned on, try turning it off to see if the sound still skips.

To add a second soundtrack that starts at the beginning of the show where you've added slides, double-click the soundtrack, and at top left, click the '+' sign. Browse to find the file you want to add. It will be added to the show at the end, not the beginning where you want it, but all you have to do is click the little up arrow to make the new track take the first position.

The second soundtrack should now start at the end of the first. If it's not quite right, use "Offset [0 s] from previous track." Adding a positive number will move the track to the right, and adding a negative number will move it to the left.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Astra » Thu May 23, 2013 2:37 pm

EYElene wrote:.......Also, I need to add a few slides at the beginning.
How can I put a different soundtrack to them and then have the other soundtrack start where the original slides begin?

For: "adding some slides" & then assign "different soundtrack" to them - would be probably best idea: to make totaly new slideshow & make a "Project" out of these 2 slideshows - where the new one will be played first.

This way - you will not need to worry about inserting new slides & then moving (offseting) the music from the (older) original slideshow to match.

Alex/Astra

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Thu May 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Where exactly do I find GPU Acceleration?

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Astra wrote:
EYElene wrote:.......Also, I need to add a few slides at the beginning.

For: "adding some slides" & then assign "different soundtrack" to them - would be probably best idea: to make totaly new slideshow & make a "Project" out of these 2 slideshows - where the new one will be played first.

This way - you will not need to worry about inserting new slides & then moving (offseting) the music from the (older) original slideshow to match.

Alex/Astra

But I have been working on this slide show for weeks. It has 155 slides.
Wouldn't that take forever putting all the slides in order, transitions, styles, etc?

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Thu May 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Here's my problem: the first slide that I just added is a video with the soundtrack already embedded.
Now both soundtracks are playing at the same time.
Plus, I have another sound effect I wanted to put for the second slide before the actual narrator starts talking.
Is it even possible for me to do this?

Postby BarbaraC » Fri May 24, 2013 3:48 am

GPU Acceleration: Look in Edit > Preferences and then click on Playback.

Use "offset" to push the narration to the right so it doesn't begin until after the video is done. Look at the final paragraph in my response above. You'll find offset if you double-click the soundtrack and bring up with window for managing tracks.

To place a sound effect in the second slide and have it properly heard is most easily done if you first make sure the sound from the video has completed before the second slide appears.

I just checked the manual, and I think you'll find the information you need on page 257.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting