AVCHD problem

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

AVCHD problem

Postby EJAB » Sat May 18, 2013 1:20 am

Hi Mickey,,,
The last couple of shows I have created have been a pain in the Butt! A while back when video files where in mov format,,, no problems. However for some reason AVCHD are always now stored in a file away from the usual jpeg or
whatever!! and they don't seem to have date taken as part of properties. When awaiting inserting into shows I have noticed they are grouped together at the start or end of the list,,and once they load its very hard to find them among six or seven hundred. Is there some way of being able to give them some type of identification to make them stand out other than their time. Same applies to those taken via Cell phones.

Re: AVCHD problem

Postby gpsmikey » Sat May 18, 2013 9:55 am

I presume you are addressing me ? (mikey) ?? I have not worked with AVCHD, however, where they end up and how they are named are all going to be a function of how you get them from your camera to the hard drive on the computer. Since I have not worked with AVCHD, I am not sure what information is available embedded in the file itself (like the EXIF header on a jpg file) although the creation data on the file should tell you when the file was created (assuming your camera clock is correct). I would assume there is some info there, but I don't know what. You might try looking at them with something like "media info" or "GSpot" give you any useful information about the file. You might also look through the camera manual for info on options for file name creation.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby EJAB » Wed May 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks Mickey >>> I thought I would post the AVCHD issue via this medium instead of bothering you at home. I dont post many topics ,, so to keep in Adm's good books I asked generally. It turns out that you were right once again.
It is a camera issue.. After receiving a phone call from the manufacturer support this morning,, they informed me that AVCHD video - Does not have any information stored other than a Number,Frame rate etc. No time taken. No sound off function. And will not intermix with the JPEG photographs taken at the same place or time. This means of course that it all has to be done manually. I may add this is a High End Manufacturer and a very good and expensive 14MP unit. So what to do ? You have Six Hundred Photographs all in date taken order,,and Ten Video clips,, how to find out where to place them in the show. Not easy. Anyone have some fresh idea's ???

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Convert the clips to a format Proshow is happy with and rename them manually so they fit where you want to see them in the list (depending on how you sort the list) ?

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby EJAB » Thu May 23, 2013 3:23 pm

You are much too kind Mickey Thank You. I'll give that a go.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 23, 2013 4:26 pm

I'm mikey -- Mickey is the mouse :D

mikey

Postby EJAB » Thu May 23, 2013 10:13 pm

I cant believe after all this time "Mikey" that I could have been sooo stupid !!!
Please accept my apology.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Postby gpsmikey » Fri May 24, 2013 6:03 am

Hey, not a problem - I have been called far worse :lol:

mikey

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting