Links to member shows won't open

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Links to member shows won't open

Postby mikemullett » Tue May 14, 2013 7:30 am

Have installed Windows 7 on my new machine. My show links open, but when I try and view other shows the screen freezes. :(
Am running IE 10.
:?: :?: :?:
Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Re: Links to member shows won't open

Postby cherub » Tue May 14, 2013 8:37 am

Hi Mike,
Have you tried Firefox ?
Does it behave in the same way?

Postby debngar » Tue May 14, 2013 8:46 am

Since your shows play but others don't, I don't know if this will help but if that were happening to me, I might check the settings of all forms of anti-virus software installed on the machine to be sure they will accept the pxplayer.exe file.

Sometimes the installation of updates to things like Real Player or other free plug-ins also automatically offers to install anti-virus software, (McAfee comes to mind). The user is forced to opt out of installing that by unticking a box. If the user hastily clicks to install the update without unticking the box, the installation of the extra unwanted anti-virus software can cause these kinds of headaches.

As the old saying goes, haste makes waste. It's a waste of time to unfortunately have to troubleshoot that when there are other more fun things to do in life. :)

Or maybe someone else has a better solution. :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 am

"There's no such thing as problems, only challenges" -- me thinks you have found a challenge :lol:

I am running win7/64 and Firefox. I have not had any major issues with viewing other shows although I seldom use IE. One thing you might try is rebooting if you have not done that - things sometimes get in strange states and nobody knows just where those "things" are, but rebooting sometimes clears the issue. One thing to determine is is the problem happening when it tries to download the show (to the temp directory) or is it downloading correctly, but not playing correctly ? Your temp directory is in "C:\Users\mikey\AppData\Local\Temp" with the obvious user name change (it may be hidden - I always "unhide" the temp directory since I seem to spend so much time looking there! ). The file you are looking for will be something like psg234.tmp or something like that - if you look at the file size and sort by time, it should be at the top (or bottom) of the listing and it should grow in jumps until it reaches the final size of whatever it shows on the Photodex site for that file).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby mikemullett » Tue May 14, 2013 11:16 pm

Thanks for the replies - I couldn't wish for a better crop of experts :D
Will work through the suggested options - thanks folks.
Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting