Modifiers

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Re: Modifiers

Postby ProShowFan » Tue May 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Please see how I managed to do a tutorial on how to make a spinning coin in PSP5. This is the first of a whole. Text in the guide is in Polish.
http://youtu.be/J5l8JCORsXU
Josepf

Postby Random » Tue May 21, 2013 8:10 am

This effect is created Stranger2156

3D Coin included in the package Free 3D Transitions for ProShow 5
here

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21466#p163527
---------------------------
http://proshowproducer.net

Re: Modifiers--Can anyone help?

Postby nancyrbogen » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:50 pm

I wanted to make some psds vibrate (e.g., an alarm clock going off), and I came up with my own formula. But maybe someone has a better idea? I chose a sawtooth wave and used 50 for Frequency and 5 for Amplitude.

I do so wish someone would write a guide to modifiers with a lot of examples.

Nancy

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:05 am

It's hard to say what you might use. There's no information provided as to how large the graphic and/or image inside the graphic (zoom and scale). What are you using for the vibration? Zoom, Pan, tilt, and/or rotate? Sawtooth is a pretty abrupt function but it can work. Same thing with block waves or triangular waves.. But, Sine and cosine waves can work just as well ... probably better. It depends on what look / effect you're trying to create. Experimentation is best. Try a sine wave at F=50, Amp=.25 applied to Pan-x and see what that gives you ... again, the size of the actual image will determine how large of an amplitude to use.

Play with the function applied to Pan-x or both pan-x and pan-y. Or one or both tilts. Or one or both zooms. Or even rotate. The look you're trying to achieve will dictate the final choice of function, frequency, and amplitude. It's pretty simple to play with. Don't worry about what the numbers are actually doing for you ... just find something that works. Later, when you start feeling better about what you're doing and you need to get some finesse, you can work out exactly what's happening. Not necessary at this point.

Contact me if you want some specifics tho. :)

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby nancyrbogen » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks ever so much, Dale. It's reassuring to be in touch with someone who "knows his way around the block." As soon as I finish my current show, I'm going to play around with the different modifiers, just for fun. That is apparently the only way one learns what one can and (just as important) what one cannot do with them.

FYI, I do rather sophisticated shows on vimeo. (I try to promote the works of unknown composers of serious music.) Have a look-listen:

https://vimeo.com/63813768

Best,
Nancy

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:42 pm

Your show demonstrates a considerable control over more than the basics of making a really good show. Very nice what you did there. Your attention to detail will do you well when you start tackling modifiers. That and your obvious ability with ProShow. They're just another tool than can simplify some of the more mundane tasks in Producer ... but which can be a real labor saver if and when you need to make changes. Modifiers aren't a panacea but they can be a very power tool in your arsenal of making great effects that help your show ... and to tell your stories.

Give a shout if you bump up against something that's just got you stumped. One of these days I'll have to put down more tips and such about using modifiers ... some of the more mundane but useful stuff. Well, stuff I've learned in the process of playing with them. Gads, it's just one more thing on my "to-do" list! In the meantime, there are things on my blog that may prove helpful. (I've got to change the darned thing around and just haven't gotten around to changing it yet ... the darned template I'm using right now just isn't living up to what I thought it was going to be. So, navigating around might be a bit ... tough, but there's information there that might be helpful to someone wanting to learn some of the basics of modifiers. Note that "basic" is a relative term. Start small at first and the rest will come easier. :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Previous

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting