Image looks a bit blurry, while the original is real sharp

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Re: Image looks a bit blurry, while the original is real sharp

Postby bspisak » Tue May 28, 2013 12:46 pm

im42n8 wrote:In Preferences | Playback, check to see that your software playback is set ti 1024x768. Now, it can be higher if you want but, it's a fallback resolution in case the GPU acceleration is not enabled. That is, the program will use this resolution to create your EXE file.

For std DVD, I have found that I get blurry rendering if I don't change the "Target Resolution" under Rendering in Preferences to 720x480. This applies to ISO or burned discs, not just EXE as stated in the option text. If the resolution is higher (say 1900x1200 which was my default) it's like it decides it needs to run a really poor down-sampling algorithm or something.

Blech.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue May 28, 2013 12:57 pm

bspisak wrote:Blech.

One of my favorite words. :mrgreen:

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby im42n8 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Look up the specs for a std dvd: it's not good. When you play it, you'll want to rely on an upsampling DVD player. The DVD video typically uses MPEG-2 compression (or H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2). In the USA, it's 720x480 at 29.97 fps. In other regions of the world (that use 50hz for power), it 25fps at 720x576.

So, on a large screen it's going to look blurry (or just plain soft). If you want the higher res, you'll need to either play your video on an upsampling DVD player or start exporting to a Blu-Ray disk (they can save directly to 1920x1080). Videos of different types are fine but not all players will play them directly to your TV ... unless you play them on your computer.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Hello Marc,

here is a good translator for your help. I use it also.
http://translate.google.de/

Best regard Dieter

Previous

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting