slide help

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

slide help

Postby Lynnelle » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:36 am

Hello again

I have seen on television a clipping of a newspaper and a line of words or a few words float towards the viewer = is this possible using Proshow? If this can be done, can anyone please advise how I can do this?

I thought it looked really great.

Am assuming it would done in layers?

thanks in advance
Lynnelle

Re: slide help

Postby im42n8 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 am

Layers and keyframes. From there it's all technique. The first show I did involved zooming in on a newspaper clipping and phrases therein. The keyframes used a combination of zoom, pan, and change in opacities. You have to decide on the effect you want and then figure a way to do it. There are many ways of doing it, depending on the look you want to achieve. However, you will be happy to know that it's a simple effect to do. It just takes time and a little bit of effort.

But, it does mean that you need to have a good handle on working with keyframes. Learning this will be a big stepping stone to using many other features. (Keyframes and masks are two very important tools you need to learn to make effective use of ProShow).

I know I didn't answer the question with many details but, the basics of what you want to do are pretty easy to do.

Have fun.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Lynnelle » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:32 am

Thank you Dale

At least I know what the effect is called now - so will research how to do keyframes.

Are there any tutorials on this on the Proshow website? Though will have a look at the site,
many thanks for helping
Lynnelle

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Lynnelle

There are many good tutorials on 'keyframes' in the 'Tutorials' section of this forum.

Just work backwards through the thread titles looking for 'keyframes' in the thread title. This maybe easier than doing a search. The tutorials produced by members of this forum are a great source of knowledge.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Also, take a look at "The Forum Book," which you'll find right at the top of Member Created Files: viewforum.php?f=15

The book is a compilation from many of us here on the forum, and though it was created for an older version of ProShow, many parts of it are applicable right now.

And for sure, don't forget Producer's manual! :D

Barbara
Last edited by BarbaraC on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Lynnelle » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:00 am

Thank you both Brian and Barbara

I will look at everything you have suggested over the weekend - its so wonderful learning something new!

Lynnelle

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting