New to Producer - installing Styles etc... problems

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

New to Producer - installing Styles etc... problems

Postby Scouse » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:03 am

Newbie to Producer

Postby Scouse on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:57 am
Hello everyone. I've recently upgraded to Producer (v5.0.3310) after using Gold for several years.

I saw all these great effects on other peoples slide shows and web sites and downloaded a few to see how the "install new effects" functioned.

No problem - initially - I went to Tools/Manage Effects, and then hit the +add button in the bottom left of the screen, searched for the downloaded files, picked on and it "installed"

Except - when I look at the various categories where the Effect has been installed - I see on the left a folder name that says (in this case) "Pete's Slide Styles (5)" which I assume means there should be five effects in there (I installed five... so that makes sense). When I click on that folder, all I see is a single "effect" button, plain black, with "No Style" written inside.... Of course, I then tried some more freebies, and now I have three or four folders that are all acting the same.

I then thought - hey, why not delete them and start again, but I can't even work out how to delete the folders - do I have to do that in Windows Explorer?

Sorry - multiple questions - thanks in advance for any suggestions

Cheers
Tom

Re: New to Producer - installing Styles etc... problems

Postby debngar » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:05 am

Check to see if in the LAYERS area above the slide style list the blue word that appears next to it says "ALL LAYERS" and the ASPECT that the blue word shows "ALL RATIOS". If not, click on those words and change it to the "any number of layers" choice. This (all) choice will reveal everything you have installed or if you highlight one of the separate categories beneath that, you should see all of them listed in that category.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Scouse » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:17 am

Wow! Simple as that eh?

Thanks so much for the quick response - they are all visible now...

debngar wrote:Check to see if in the LAYERS area above the slide style list the blue word that appears next to it says "ALL LAYERS" and the ASPECT that the blue word shows "ALL RATIOS". If not, click on those words and change it to the "any number of layers" choice. This (all) choice will reveal everything you have installed or if you highlight one of the separate categories beneath that, you should see all of them listed in that category.

Postby cherub » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:50 am

Just make sure that the styles were indeed created for the aspect ratio of the show that you are working on. Otherwise, they many not work correctly.

If the styles are compatible only with the widescreen aspect ratio (16x9,) and you are working on a show for the standard ratio (4x3), perhaps that is the reason that you could not see them before.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting