Producer 5.0.3297 Exe/ISO/DVD creation problem

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Re: Producer 5.0.3297 Exe/ISO/DVD creation problem

Postby carlb60 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:46 am

Actually my version is 4.52.3053 but I have had the same problem, "Proshow has stopped working. A problem has caused" etc. etc. My show is a bit over 18 minutes long. It contains as much video (both mp4 and m2ts) as .jpg. It is a re-make of a Q&D shorter show. I first tried to make a .iso with only 37 gig free disk. When it failed, I assumed it was disk space because other slightly shorter shows worked just fine two or three days ago. I cleaned up my disk to have 150 gig free and tried again. No luck. It hung after about an hour @ "82% creating a px stream" (whatever that means). I did a windows dump (too large to include here) and also found the following Application Error in the Event log file:
Faulting application name: proshow.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4ddeaf7b
Faulting module name: all.dnt, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ddeb121
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00a83a6c
Faulting process id: 0x11b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfb76f70f1243a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Photodex\ProShowProducer\proshow.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Photodex\ProShowProducer\all.dnt
Report Id: fd7c939d-2380-11e4-8f89-e0cb4e19b182

I re-opened the show and saved it again, checked all burning parameters, turned off (Avast free) anti virus and disconnected from network and tried again to produce (this time BluRay) iso. This time it hung about 1/2 way thru "importing video file" etc.etc

I then reworked the menu, resaved everything, rebooted the computer (Windows 7 64 bit 4 gig ram Intel core 2) and tried again. No luck.

Next I moved the .psh file to a clean folder. Loaded it and make sure it ran. Created a one show project, turned off the option to make .exe.

Then create DVD iso. SUCCESS! Don't know what worked, but whatever, I'm happy

Re: Producer 5.0.3297 Exe/ISO/DVD creation problem

Postby im42n8 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:57 pm

You know, it's also possible that the PHD file got corrupted somehow (it's updated on a regular if not continuous basis ... making it susceptible to corruption). That file is located in the root of the installation folder (proshow.phd). You could also try deleting the cache file (extension of PXC). It's like a transcode file ... it's got the same name as your show and is located in the same folder as your show. Since it is written to on a continuous basis, it is possible to become corrupted for any variety of reasons. Both of these files are regenerated (the PHD file upon opening ProShow, the PXC file upon reopening the show).

By moving the show (PSH) to a clean folder, you essentially performed the latter operation above.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Previous

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting