Presenter not installing Problems

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Presenter not installing Problems

Postby Mr Edd » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:25 am

Hi Guys

I have just updated a website and on testing I find that the presenter program wants to install on all my pages that have a show. I go through all the motions of allowing it to install and it seems to do it but the show does not play. If I Refresh the page or go to another page with a show it tells me that Presenter needs to install but still does not work after installing.

It worked fine a while ago on the old website. I am running Win 7 Ultimate on all machines.

I have another computer that works fine on the same site, My guess is there has been some sort of Microsoft update (not hardware) that has broken something.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks

Edd

Re: Presenter not installing Problems

Postby Mr Edd » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:57 am

I see lots of people looking but no one got any suggestions as to what has happened?

Come on guys get your thinking caps on... :D

Edd

Postby danmidd » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:00 am

Edd,

I had a similar problem recently; kept clicking on the update but nothing seemed to change.

As I recall, I finally uninstalled Presenter on my PC (I have Windows 7), shut down the computer, re-started the computer, then went to the Photodex site to download the Presenter plugin (about 4.2 MB) which is pxsetup.exe. I then installed the plugin and everything has worked OK since.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Postby cherub » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:34 am

Mr Edd wrote:I see lots of people looking but no one got any suggestions as to what has happened?

Come on guys get your thinking caps on... :D

Edd

Yes, i did look, but I really don't have any idea what might cause this problem.
But.... what browsers have you tried?
Do all the browsers ask you to install Presenter? Does Firefox behave like IE ?

Postby Jean-Paul » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:55 am

Hi Edd,

If you are using MS Internet Explorer, make sure that it is steal the default browser on your system. If MS Internet Explorer is not the default browser on a Window computer, it will not recognize the Photodex presenter, as soon as you select it as the default browser, by pure magic it recognizes the plugin, go figure!
Personally most of the time I use chrome.
Hope that helps.

Amicalement, Jean-Paul

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby Mr Edd » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:20 am

Hi Guys

Thanks for your comments, I will try them all and report back soon.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but we had new carpet laid ysterday and I have been rather busy. :oops:

Thanks again.

Edd

Postby debngar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:44 am

Jean-Paul wrote:Hi Edd,

If you are using MS Internet Explorer, make sure that it is steal the default browser on your system. If MS Internet Explorer is not the default browser on a Window computer, it will not recognize the Photodex presenter, as soon as you select it as the default browser, by pure magic it recognizes the plugin, go figure!
Personally most of the time I use chrome.
Hope that helps.

Amicalement, Jean-Paul

I use WIndows 7 64-bit . Firefox is my default browser and has been for a few years now, though I occasionally use Explorer and Chrome too. The times I've had a bit of a problem with the plug-in when there was an update indicated and it would not load, I just uninstalled the older Presenter version and downloaded/installed the newer one from the Photodex site download page which solved the problem. The solution was not necessarily Firefox/Emplorer/Chrome sensitive in my case.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Jean-Paul » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Hello everyone,
debngar wrote:
I use WIndows 7 64-bit . Firefox is my default browser and has been for a few years now, though I occasionally use Explorer and Chrome too. The times I've had a bit of a problem with the plug-in when there was an update indicated and it would not load, I just uninstalled the older Presenter version and downloaded/installed the newer one from the Photodex site download page which solved the problem. The solution was not necessarily Firefox/Emplorer/Chrome sensitive in my case.

Hi Debbie, I only saw your thread yesterday evening. Based on your comments I verified all four computers that my wife and I have in our home and they are split right in the middle. My workstation (not connected to the web very often) and my new web machine need to have Explorer as default to view Presenter shows in Explorer. My wife's computer and my old Dell will play Presenter shows in Explorer, even if Explorer is not the default browser. All four computers have different releases of Explorer. I suppose it might be a security setting, or a release problem in Explorer. However it is a good idea to verify this possibility.

By the way Debbie, I recently had a problem with a DVD drive. The tray would not open, so I used the method that you describe on the tutorial that you did on the subject. The only difference is that I used a bigger hammer, I finally got it opened and now I have a very nice coffee cup holder on my PC, LOL!!!
I like your style, Debbie and your animal photography is wonderful.

Have fun in 2013

Amicalement, Jean-Paul

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi Jean-Paul,

I'm not having any trouble with this problem at the moment. I was just sharing my experience and that it does't seem to matter what browser I was using with Presenter at this time.

I don't use my laptop (which runs on XP 32-bit) very often these days so it often needs updating of all sorts of things when I turn it on. That means waiting for the MS updates, Norton updates and Presenter updates if I'm using it for that purpose in addition to probably needing browser updates too.

You could have a point about an older version of browser installed causing a problem. Most of the time that isn't the case with my desktop though.

I'm glad you enjoy the animal shots and the silly show called "Stuck". I had a good time laughing at myself in this one. I hope you weren't using the hammer on your computer DVD drive, just an older DVD player! Most DVD drives can be removed with a screwdriver after removing the cover.

Disclaimer: I do not claim to be an expert in repairing/fixing DVD players! LOL :wink:
Debbie

Postby Jean-Paul » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:46 pm

debngar wrote:Disclaimer: I do not claim to be an expert in repairing/fixing DVD players! LOL :wink:

Ahhhhh! Debbie, I was certain that this was a very serious and high tech. Method LOL!!!

Have fun,

Amicalement, Jean-Paul

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:42 pm

Jean-Paul wrote:
debngar wrote:Disclaimer: I do not claim to be an expert in repairing/fixing DVD players! LOL :wink:

Ahhhhh! Debbie, I was certain that this was a very serious and high tech. Method LOL!!!

Have fun,

Amicalement, Jean-Paul

LOL :lol:
Debbie

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 pm

I am having the same problem as Edd - nothing is working. :cry: I've uninstalled, reinstalled, etc... but can't get it to work.

Valued Member

Postby Luke_Miller » Wed May 15, 2013 8:27 am

Presenter quit functioning after I updated Windows Explorer to Version 10. In Explorer 10 the "Enhanced Protection Mode" appears to be enabled as the default when Explorer 10 is installed on 64 bit versions of Windows. "Enhanced Protection Mode" restricts plug-ins to 64 bit only, which prevents the 32 bit only Presenter from running. Disabling "Enhanced Protection Mode" allows Presenter to run properly. This is a problem for me since I use Presenter to display video on my website. Visitors to my site with 64 bit systems and Explorer 10 will not see the video and assume my site is broken.

Postby cherub » Wed May 15, 2013 8:43 am

Luke_Miller wrote:Presenter quit functioning after I updated Windows Explorer to Version 10. In Explorer 10 the "Enhanced Protection Mode" appears to be enabled as the default when Explorer 10 is installed on 64 bit versions of Windows. "Enhanced Protection Mode" restricts plug-ins to 64 bit only, which prevents the 32 bit only Presenter from running. Disabling "Enhanced Protection Mode" allows Presenter to run properly. This is a problem for me since I use Presenter to display video on my website. Visitors to my site with 64 bit systems and Explorer 10 will not see the video and assume my site is broken.

I don't normally use Explorer, but I do have it on my computer. I have Win 7 64-bit, and IE 10.
Enhanced Protection Mode is enabled. My Security Level is set to Medium-High.
I don't have any problem watching shows with Presenter.

Valued Member

Postby Luke_Miller » Wed May 15, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks for the response, Mona.

Here is the link to my web page containing a Presenter show. Please let me know if it plays for you. I have the same Windows/Internet Explorer setup & settings as you do and it will not play for me. I can play the show using IE 10 IF the show is on a local drive, but not from my site. Chrome and IE 10 in 32 bit mode (Enhanced Protection Mode disabled) work fine.

http://www.peppermill-multimedia.com/video.html

Next

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting