Video Cards

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Video Cards

Postby DickK » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:25 pm

It's a lousy answer but replacing the card is an answer. The only good news there is that a decent card can be had for pretty reasonable money, ~$100 (e.g., Radeon 6700 series, which is what I have). Bad news is that you're spending your money to fix their problems.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm not in the least an expert on these things, but I can tell you that the last card I had sported the same amount of RAM, and the performance was poor. You might do well to replace the card with something that has more RAM and more oomph. My choice is AMD until nVidia gets their drivers sorted out.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:12 pm

DickK wrote:It's a lousy answer but replacing the card is an answer.

I kind of figured that was the best solution. :(

I also checked the GPU benchmark and it indicates a performance of a lousy 37-39.

Even though I'm far from finishing the show, I rendered it see what it looks like as a 1080p avi. It plays back better than when it's trying to render and preview at the same time during the editing process. Makes sense after reading the info on this in the forum and on the ProShow website. I just hope it does as well rendered to an ISO then burned to disc. I haven't burned a show to a disc in about 2 years!

I think I'll be able to finish the show for Christmas and will consider replacing the video card after the new year.

Thanks Barbara and Dick! :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Previous

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting