Proshow Producer crashes upong Quicktime Export

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Proshow Producer crashes upong Quicktime Export

Postby BrianH » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi folks,

I'm having an issue where PP (latest version - 5.0.3256) keeps crashing whenever I export a slideshow to Quicktime.

It exports to avi just fine, but I'd like a .mov to save another step when I edit on my Mac (that and to save another level of compression. straight out of the app itself would be great :)

The slideshow has an audio track, but I've tried exporting with and without the audio.

PP just locks right up and actually shuts down my computer - of course, with the lovely BSOD citing an exception error.

What irks/confuses me the most is that I exported a slideshow last month without issue. Save type of files (tiff and jpeg) and no audio.

I've also tried re-creating the slideshow from scratch as well.

Any suggestions? I tried a google search, but nothing concrete has come up.

I've lost about 1.5 hours with all the crashes.

Cheers,
Brian

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Proshow Producer crashes upong Quicktime Export

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 pm

I would suggest that you head over to Apple.com and make sure that you have the latest Quicktime download. Try that and see if the situation improves.

-Vernon

Postby BrianH » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Thanks Vernon. I indeed have the latest version. I'm wondering if it was the latest PP update that is causing the issue as I just updated. When I did the last project, it was the previous version, but no issues.

Is there a way to backgrade down to the previous version? Maybe I should try that?

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:57 pm

I don't know about the current version, but it wasn't that long ago that the folks in the Sony Vegas forums were having to specify which version of quicktime worked with Vegas - and it wasn't the latest. That may still be an issue although I was snooping there recently and didn't see any obvious quicktime threads.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BrianH » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:22 am

Oh my. So this didn't work the first time, but I tried it again - deleting proshow.cfg and proshow.phd from the program folder worked.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13433

Thanks!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting