Folders no longer appear in PSP

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Folders no longer appear in PSP

Postby bulach19 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:36 am

I am using Proshow Producer 4.5. When I organized my recent slide show, the folders were listed as usual and I used them to organize my slide show. The photos appear on the time line as they should.
However, after I saved the slide show project and shut down the PSP program and later returned to the do some additional editing, the folders were no longer listed in the area in which they normally reside. The area is blank.
I retraced my previous procedures to try and determine if I accidently did some thing to cause this situation. To date I have not discovered anything out of the ordinary. I am now seeking any imput that may help me out of unhappy predictment.
Thank you for your interest,
Bulach 19.

Re: Folders no longer appear in PSP

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Did you move or rename the folder you were working from? If so, click one level up in the hierarchy (in the listing that's above the folder area). This will refresh the folder list.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby bulach19 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Barbara,

Your detective instincts placed me on the right tract. I did move the folder. I clicked on the one level up in the hierarchy and the folder list was refreshed. Your wisdom was extremely benificial.

Thank you kindly,
Bulach19

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:42 am

Not wisdom at all. It happens to all of us, and having used ProShow for as long as I have, it's been happening to me on a very, very regular basis. :D

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:06 am

Amazing how we remember the solutions to these problems after they have happened to us a few times :lol:

People will tell me how smart I am for quickly knowing how to solve some problem. I knew how to solve it because I have had it happen to me a number of times and the first time it took quite a while to figure out what was going on. I tend to remember those when they come around again (my wife was asking for help with a favorite utility - Snagit last night and was impressed with how fast I knew how to fix it .... yeah, it took me an hour the first time I ran into that issue to solve it ... but I did remember where to look for the answer !! )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 am

I have so much in my brain's miscellaneous file folder that it has expanded into precious space. I've taken to putting important notes on paper. Of course, they go into the miscellaneous folder in the file drawer, never to be seen again. Therefore, I rely completely on having the same thing happen to me over and over again until it finally finds a few brain cells not yet occupied by garbage.

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:13 pm

The real problem comes when you start overwriting those garbage brain cells, and then discover further down the line it was garbage you now require. What's it called, .... I remember, 'old age'.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Brian, it's actually flavor that's developed like that in fine wine as it ages. :D

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:13 pm

As one guy I used to work with was known to say when strange things happened "I've been playing with my mental blocks again" :lol: I'm so old I have to file for Social Security this year (trying to get in before they take it away after working 45 years for it :evil: )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby cdcd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:26 am

I had about the same problem yesterday: some folders and files I used recently in a show appeared normally but others did not appear at all or partially. I also got messages that some files (.jpg) were not supported and I even had to close the program via the task manager. I reinstalled PSP (without first uninstalling the current version) but without any positive result. This morning I had the 'brilliant' idea to open PSP as an administrator (I'm working with Windows 8 64bit) and the problem which caused me almost a nervous breakdown was solved!!!
I hope this might be of interest for other people having the same problem.

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:25 am

If memory serves, some people have had problems solved by exactly your solution, and it was with Windows 7.

I truly dislike having to deal with all that Administrator stuff on a computer used by just one person, which is true of a lot of us. It's too bad Microsoft never dredged up the wisdom to give us a choice in such matters.

Barbara

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting