Transitions Problem

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Transitions Problem

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:30 am

I made changes to some of the transitions I used for my slide show, I saved the file, then when I tried to open again I had this message on the window: " Reading Transitions please wait while proshow producer reads your transitions, this only happens the first time transitions are accessed or if your transition changed".
The program freezes after reaching 65% completion; I restarted my computer and the program several times, but nothing changed, it freezes at 65% completion
Hope someone can help with htis issue
Thanks
Mike

Re: Transitions Problem

Postby cherub » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:48 am

I'm not sure what's causing this, but you might try the following:

Open a new show and insert a blank slide.
Click on the AB transition that is immediately after this empty slide.
Let Producer "Read transitions" and wait till if finishes.
Did it reach the end this time?
If yes, then try to reload your original show and see what happens.

Postby Mike » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:41 am

Thanks Mona; I followed your suggestions, and it worked
Mike

Valued Member

Postby janera » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi, I am having the same problem. Started right after the last upgrade Version 5.0.3310. Now it does this "reading transitions" every time I open the program and try to load a show. Takes forever. It's trying to open a show and read transitions at the same time. I opened a ticket with Photodex. They told me to delete the transitions cache and all the files in that folder and the .phd file. I did. For some reason I lost all the transitions except the built in ones. Had to go and put the rest back. Expected to get the "reading transitions" after that. I did. But I still do every time I open the program and try to load a show. I't driving me nuts. Any suggestions would be greaty appreciated.
Thanks, Jane

Postby cherub » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi Jane,
How did you put the transitions back, after you deleted everything that Photodex told you to delete?
Did you use Producer's own function to add transitions, or did you put them in the transitions directory manually?

Valued Member

Postby janera » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Mona, I used Producer's own function to load them back in.
Jane

Postby cherub » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm sending you a PM on a possible workaround to your problem.

Postby Roelof » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:07 am

Hi
Likewise to Jane's problem, I also get the annoying "Reading transitions" (in Producer 5, Windows 8) whenever I open a show. Is there a fix yet?

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:21 am

I am having the same problem if anyone found a fix, please post the solution. Thanks!

Postby cherub » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:49 am

Unfortunately, we haven't found anything that can be called "The Fix" for this problem.
The workaround that I suggested to Jane didn't work for her.
Eventually, she discovered something else on her computer that could have caused this problem: She noticed that not all the transitions had a parallel cache folder in the ProgramData directory.

You could try to check this too, though personally I think that in Jane's case, the transitions simply didn't finish caching during install.

I advise you both to write to Photodex/Technical Support, with a very detailed description of what's happening.
If more people mention this problem, there may be a chance that they'll look into this, and try to find a fix.

Postby Roelof » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:36 am

Thanks Mona, I did report it to Photodex and after about 10 days without a reply, I came to this forum.

Postby cherub » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:14 am

Roelof wrote:Thanks Mona, I did report it to Photodex and after about 10 days without a reply, I came to this forum.

That's a bit unusual for them.
From our experience, they are rather prompt and willing to help.

Postby mlawczys » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:55 am

Looks like 5.0.3310 broke something in transitions.

See my post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21639

I bet these are related. The quick fix for me was to revert back to the 5.0.3280 build. As far as I am concerned, there is no real difference between the two other than the, quite important, fact that 5.0.3280 works :-)

I am following up with Photodex with a simple show for their debugging.

Mirek.

Postby Roelof » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:44 am

Futher to the repeated reading of transitions I have narrowed the search down to either Windows 8 Pro or the antivirus program "Kaspersky". When I reverted to Windows XP without an antivirus program all was well. Any ideas how the find the culprit without completely uninstalling either. Using the Game Mode on Kaspersky did not solve the issue.

Postby cherub » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:36 am

Roelof wrote:Futher to the repeated reading of transitions I have narrowed the search down to either Windows 8 Pro or the antivirus program "Kaspersky". When I reverted to Windows XP without an antivirus program all was well. Any ideas how the find the culprit without completely uninstalling either. Using the Game Mode on Kaspersky did not solve the issue.

ProShow should be installed with all the security programs disabled. You can re-enable them after the required reboot.
This is the recommendation from Photodex.

Maybe this is what's causing your problem.
Do you remember how you installed the program in Win 8 ?

Next

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting