opening show

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

opening show

Postby oldtap » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:02 am

Hi everyone. I have been exploring the forum for a while soaking up all the great information available here. Now for my question. I installed producer 5 on Jan 21 and fell in love with it instantly. It has been my constant companion since, however, this morning Producer decided not to open my show from within the program. In order to open the show I have to open from the external drive where I save all my work. The complete show is there with all the changes but will not open in the program. Has anyone else had this problem or what am I doing wrong?
Thanks, :
Doug.

Re: opening show

Postby obeeone » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:41 pm

G'day Doug

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing but I did have an instance when I had closed a show and then tried to open another by clicking on the "Open" icon in the top bar and nothing would happen . I rebooted the computer and all has been ok since.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Postby Bart_B » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Doug,

I thought somebody for sure would have this figured out for you and Carl my just have done that for you. But I suspect the lack of response is we're not understanding what you are really asking.
oldtap wrote:this morning Producer decided not to open my show from within the program. In order to open the show I have to open from the external drive where I save all my work. The complete show is there with all the changes but will not open in the program.

What do you mean by it "wouldn't open the show from the program?" Proshow is the program. Do you have Proshow (the program) on your hard drive or on an external drive? Do you have all the show files; photos, video,music on the hard drive or on the external drive? Apparently you have saved the show it'self to the external, is it saved to the internal hard drive as well? When you say the "complete show is there", where is there, the hard drive or the external drive. If you will clearly elaborate what is where I think somebody will be in a much better position to help you.

Bart

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 pm

I recently had this happen to me. Basically, I had to delete the .phd file in my case. I had no idea what was going on but some really weird stuff started happening. The odd thing was that I could specify the program to open the file if it was specified as part of the command line. However, I couldn't click on a file from within the program and get it to load (just wouldn't respond).

In your case, this is what I'd do first. Locate your PSH file (the show you're working on). Delete the yourShowName.pxc file. This is the cached version of your show. It may be corrupted. Try opening the show again. If that fails, then close Producer. Go to the folder in which Producer is located. In the root folder of the installation, locate the .PHD file and delete it. This file is re-created upon opening Producer. Now, open the show and navigate to where the show is located and try opening it again. (Yes, you will lose the list of previously edited shows ... but it's probably corrupted any).

It THAT fails, I'd reinstall the program over the same installation and try again. That should resolve it. If not, we'll have to try again ... (but, I think one of the above should fix it).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby oldtap » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:11 am

Thank you for the help. I guess it is obvious I am not an experienced user of Proshow. I did manage to resolve the problem on my own. I clicked on file>open recent and opened my show from there. Since then I have been able to open the show using the open show icon in Producer.
Thanks everyone,
Doug.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting