Folders not displaying and AVI file will not load

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Folders not displaying and AVI file will not load

Postby ninabeheim » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 pm

I've recently upgraded to 4.52.3053 because my prior version was driving me nuts (was using VISTA at the time).

Now I'm using Windows 7 - shouldn't be a prob... I have plenty of power (quad core, 12gb memory a photo editing/processing workstation, heavy PSCS5 user).

When I open PSP, and click on desktop, I see about five folders. There should be about 15. ALl have images in them, so they SHOULD show. I can close the program, re-open, and they may/may not show. It's a crap shoot.

One folder (of course it's the one I need) has an avi file in it - maybe 30 second video. When the folder DOES show, and I click it - no file shows inside.

I can access explorer, see the folder, see the video, watch the video, see spot run, etc.

Furthermore, when I need to close PSP, it won't close. I am forced to access the task mgr, (status says RUNNING), and after several "END TASKS" - it will FINALLY shut down.

I haven't done anything to my machine - no new software, etc... I had hoped that upgrading to this latest version of PSP would make the pain stop, but when you put the upgrade$$ band aid on the problem, it only stings worse.

Any of you wise owls out there have a clue as to what might cause this? I've tried to search, no results. I would appreciate any/all offerings.

Thank you!

nina

Re: Folders not displaying and AVI file will not load

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:25 am

Nina, I'm wondering if you had a bad install. It can sometimes happen when installing over a previous version, and it can sometimes happen for reasons that will forever be a mystery. Perhaps uninstalling everything and then doing a fresh install will clear it up.

Another possibility is a bad download. Maybe if, before you reinstall, you download Gold again and try that instead, all will be well.

Fingers crossed for you. There's enough frustration in life as it is.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting