16:9 Main Menu Highlight Problems

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

16:9 Main Menu Highlight Problems

Postby solarman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:59 pm

I just finished a DVD with 8 separate projects (shows). All of the 8 projects were in the 16:9 format, no problem there. The problem was when I created the DVD. The main menu had the 8 thumbnails on the screen and the menu layout was set at the aspect ratio of 16:9 “widescreen.” I went into the custom menu and did my changing of captions etc., and checked the Play All box and unchecked the Loop All box. When I burned the DVD it rendered fine. When I played the DVD on the TV and moved the remote around the thumbnails the highlight around the thumbnails was not in proportion of the elongated thumbnail. As I was moving the remote around the screen it showed the outline highlighted of the various other options, like LOOP ALL, NEXT, PREVIOUS and the like, yet they were not checked in the Captions menu. When I moved to the PLAY ALL that was on the screen it showed an outline of it below the PLAY ALL that was printed on the screen. I checked all of the possible options for 16:9 and 4:3 to make sure everything was 16:9 and it was. I tried two more DVDs and the same problem. I did notice that the box to the right of the aspect ratio on the main menu stayed at the 16X9 setting whether it was 4:3 or 16:9, hummm possible clue? I then set the final one back to a 4:3 format main menu and it worked fine but it was small on a 16:9 widescreen TV. Once I got playing the show everything was fine, all of the projects slides were in 16:9 the problem was the main menu. What did I miss and can anyone shed some light on my problem??

Thanks a lot,

John

Re: 16:9 Main Menu Highlight Problems

Postby kerskine » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:54 am

I have the same problem. I just set the menu to the 4:3 setting now because the highlight border box is way off. It's really annoying. It has been this way going back quite a few versions. We can't be the only people using 16:9 menu.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting