ProShow Producer and Video File creation

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

ProShow Producer and Video File creation

Postby drbgaijin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:02 am

I am a newcommer to ProShow - and I am liking it very much. :D
However today I met a strange behaviour for the first time.
I have been using the Create/ Video File output path.
Today, for the first time it did not even open the "Create Video File" dialogue box. :(
All the other output selections are working as usual.
I have uploaded a short video screen capture to show the problem in action
it is here http://www.screencast.com/t/mx2krJioJ
Regards,
Douglas
Born and raised in Scotland, worked in Sweden, now maturing in Japan

Re: ProShow Producer and Video File creation

Postby trulytango » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:22 am

Douglas, what happens when you opt to create a video file via the 'Create Output' command instead i.e. Create Output>Video file? 'Create Output' is the button to the furthest right of your menu/options bar at the top of your screen?
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:06 pm

When you click the Create Video, there should be another Dialogue Box that opens up. It is acting as if the dialogue box is hidden. I would try two things. The first would be to try pressing ALT+TAB to see if you can switch to the potentially hidden window. Sometimes ProShow windows will lose focus (or become hidden).

If that does not work, then a simple reinstall of the program may correct the issue.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby drbgaijin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Thank you both for offering suggestions. :)
I had also sent a question to Support and before I looked in this forum this morning, I already fixed the problem with a suggestion from Support.
In case anyone else meets this problem in the future I will post the advice I got from Support which helped me solve the problem.

1) Right-Click the icon you usually use to launch the application.
2) Click "Properties".
3) Look for a button called “Find Target…” or “Open File Location” which takes you to the program files.
4) Please locate a file in this window called "proshow.phd" and delete it. Do the same for "proshow.cfg"
5) Now simply run the program again and test its ability to function properly.

If this had not worked, then the next suggestion was a complete re-install.
Regards,
Douglas
Born and raised in Scotland, worked in Sweden, now maturing in Japan

Postby trulytango » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Glad to hear you got it sorted. At one time PSP was at lot less stable, users had to delete those two files you named on a regular basis!
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting