One Jittery Slide in PCExecutible

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

One Jittery Slide in PCExecutible

Postby jimrb67 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:56 am

I am using Proshow Producer 4.5.2949 in Windows 7 on an I-7 machine with 8 gig ram. After creating a PCExecutable file and playing it back for review I am stuck with one slide out of 165 that jerks and jitters toward the end of its zoom out. I originally had a couple other more complicated slides that did not act appropriately but those were remedied with a simple slide time adjustment. I have tried various slide adjustments to this one problem slide (e.g. various stock styles) but to no avail. Each re-rendering results in the same slide jerking/pausing/jerking towards the end of its 4 sec slide time regardless of the style used. The transitions before and after are simple, standard 3 sec. a/b fade. Nothing complicated in the effects at all. I am not having any problems with slides of greater complexity. For now I'm stumped and would appreciate any help.

Esteemed Member

Re: One Jittery Slide in PCExecutible

Postby skb1951 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 am

Close your show, then try deleting the pxc file. When you reopen your show the pxc file will rebuild, hopefully without the glitch.

Sue
Whether you say you can, or whether you say you can't....you're right!

Proshow Producer 5.0.322, Adobe Elements 8.0, Canon t2i

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:22 pm

Strange, but it might help with a little more info.

Is there a style attached to that slide?

If so, what is it and have you used that style successfully elsewhere in the show?

If not, describe what's going on for motion on the slide please.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby jimrb67 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:37 pm

It had a simple 10 percent zoom-in layer over an enlarged still duplicate layer. The slide was 4 secs and the transition times were standard 3 sec A/B fades. I did try several similar, simple, stock, slide styles but with no improvement. Tried replacing the zoom aspect with a pan instead, but no change either...problem persisted. Eventually, I replaced the single slide with four short slides with layered stills that in quick succession give the impression of a zoom but it's not really what I wanted. Guess it will do if I can't solve this. I will give skb1951's suggestion a try and see what happens. Am grateful for the help and suggestions.
Last edited by jimrb67 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jimrb67 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:17 pm

I tried skb1951's (Sue) suggestion and deleted the pxc file, then re-opened the show and let it rebuild the PXC. Re-created a new PCexecutible, but still had the same slide jerking at the end of the zoom. I may simply move the slide to a different location just to see if for some reason there's something affecting the rendering and/or playback at that precise point in the show. It may be something other than the slide itself for all I know at this time. (I have other slides in the program with the same or similar movement effects with no problems). May even copy the program, delete some sections and see what happens.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting