Producer Crashing in Win 7 on iMac with Parallels 5

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Moonshadow

Producer Crashing in Win 7 on iMac with Parallels 5

Postby Moonshadow » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi Guys,

Strange problem here. I am running an iMac with 8Gb Ram, using Parallels 5 to run a virtual Win 7. All works well in starting Producer (4.1) to work on my slide shows. If I click on the icons (New, Open, Save etc.) below the menus (File, Edit, Project etc.) I can open the files that I have been working on and all works as expected.

If I click on ANY of the Menu options (File, Edit, Project, Show..... to Help) Producer crashes out every time.

Very strange as this did not happen with Parallels 4 that I just upgraded to 5. (Grrr...)

Any suggestions to resolve this would be welcome. (I have tried reinstalling Producer)

Kind Regards,

Jeremy

Moonshadow

Re: Producer Crashing in Win 7 on iMac with Parallels 5

Postby Moonshadow » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Update...

I reinstalled Producer using the recommendations on the Photodex website. That is, a clean install by deleting the previous install of Producer and Presenter and then running as Administrator.

It worked! No more crashes!

Cheers

Jeremy

snapper

Re: Producer Crashing in Win 7 on iMac with Parallels 5

Postby snapper » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:07 am

Thanks for this - I was having a very similar problem with Producer 6, and Parallels 10.1.1 running on OSx 10.9.5

I upgraded Proshow from 5 to 6.0.3397, and everything fell apart. Clicking a menu caused the program to close. Trying to create a video Proshow said the program was unlicensed. I'vealso used http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22652&p=170639 to change my Windows 8 VM settings. Though I must admit I'm still only using 4 of the 8 cores on my Mac - it's enough for ProShow and it's also not the only Windows program I use. My Business accounting software is run under windows and when I use that I need to be able to use the mac at the same time.

Not tried quicktime rendering yet - that's for another day

Completely uninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling the latest versions seems to have solved the problems - so far.....

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting