Switch to full style
Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Post a reply

Problem with Video File

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:54 am

I've searched this category for any ideas which might help with the problems I'm having and have tried any of the suggestions offered.

My problem deals with video files (for sure an MPEG-2). I have PSP on both a desktop and laptop. When loading this file on the desktop, there are no issues. When I try to put it on my version on the laptop, it will load the sound, but not the video (if there were to be a blank slide there, it will load the audio but nothing will load if there are no slides - like a brand new show). When I go to Layers, the video clip is not there. At one point, I even received the green loading file bar, however again only got the audio portion. If I originate a show on my desktop and then transfer it to my laptop, the file is missing.

I contacted Photodex support and they advised to install codecs (which I have). I've also downloaded the Gspot program, which indicates I have the proper codecs installed. I also downloaded a converter program to try to convert this particular type of file to AVI -it gives me the video without the audio. PSP will allow me to load this file - again without the audio. In all other applications, this particular file plays fine (Windows Media, etc.)

Obviously, PSP will take this file (as it loads fine on my desktop). There must be something missing on my laptop which won't allow the file to be loaded. I've tried everything I've read and followed the support idea, but nothing has worked. I do recall having this same issue (although PSP wouldn't load anything) a couple of years ago, and I think it was resolved by getting a new computer (which must have contained what I needed).

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Re: Problem with Video File

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:04 am

Well, you have jumped through the usual hoops - assuming you have a copy of the version of producer you have installed, I would try re-installing producer again and see if it picks up whatever it is missing. The fact that you appear to have the correct codecs and other things can handle that file makes me think that Producer is the one with the problem. There have been a number of cases in the past where issues have been solved by re-installing the same version again (unless of course the problem was a bug in that version ... )

mikey

Re: Problem with Video File

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:40 am

Mikey,

The problem has been solved, but for anyone else with the problem. I had loaded and unloaded PSP numerous times today. I then found a codec specifically for MPEG2 and although it allowed me to bring the file in, the audio and video were a mess. I then went to K-lite codec pack and looked for one specifically for MPEG2 and saw it was disabled. I changed a setting and now it works.

Thanks for your help!

Lee Ann
Post a reply