Avoiding The 'Jump' From Slideshow End To Looping Again?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Avoiding The 'Jump' From Slideshow End To Looping Again?

Postby Roo57 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:05 pm

Let me see if I can explain my question correctly.

When you make a show with no menus and you are having it loop...go back to the beginning and play again over and over..After the show is finished, and it goes back to the first slide again, there is like a 'jump' no matter what the transition on the last slide is.

For example on the last slide there is a cross fade, but after the cross fade there is this 'jump' when going back to slide one to re-play.

You know what I'm talking about? Is there a way to stop that jump so that transition from last slide back to first slide would become nice and smooth?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Avoiding The 'Jump' From Slideshow End To Looping Again?

Postby DickK » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:27 pm

I get what you're talking about, I think. Haven't experienced it because I've not done that exactly. I'm assuming that you're referring to a show on a DVD--I don't see what I think you're referring to with an EXE. Try writing the show as an EXE and see if it does that. If not, then it's not the show but with the DVD format and/or the player. I suspect it's the interaction with the actual player but I'm not sure.

Wish I could help more tho'.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Re: Avoiding The 'Jump' From Slideshow End To Looping Again?

Postby Nelson » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:46 am

I'd concur with Dick's analysis. In particular, his guess that "it's the interaction with the actual player ". This interaction is the seek time required to move the read head from where it is located at the end of the show, back across the disk to the beginning of the show.

Wikipedia has a simple description of seek times:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seek_time

If this is the case, then the only way to improve on it is to buy a DVD player that has faster seek time specs. :(

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting