Sample Music from Walmart

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Sample Music from Walmart

Postby Barnum » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:46 am

I have used the music downloads from Walmart for sometime now, but since buying a new PC (with Vista) I cannot play samples offered by clicking on the "listen" notation. Instead I have to save it to my desktop, then play. Any suggestions on what I might do to avoid this time consuming task? On older PC I used Winamp, but downloaded on new PC, and it doesn't help.

i.e. when I go to the Walmart sight, click on a song, I cannot listen to the sample unless I save it, then play it.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:02 am

Playing music inside the browser is a function of the browser -- Firefox or Internet Explorer. I don't have Vista so this is speculation but it sounds like there's something not configured in the browser to launch something to play it. Don't know what format the samples are but if you're using IE, I would have thought it would launch Media Player. Look around for some option in the browser to associate with the audio file type, maybe that will help and maybe not.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:13 am

I just checked the Wal-Mart site and noticed that it immediately detected that I was using Firefox, not IE. It said the site had been recently updated and that the updated version requires the newest version of IE, so if you don't have Internet Explorer 7, then that's your problem. However, my personal opinion is to stay away from IE7 because it's a pain in the neck.

I did as directed and went to their "old" download site, which is simply the version you're used to but that has all the music. Using Firefox, I was able to listen to a piece in Media Player without downloading it first.

It's up to you, of course, but if you're using IE6, I'd stick with it. Download Firefox and use that in the manner I did at Wal-Mart.

Barbara

smallworld

Works for me!

Postby smallworld » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:19 pm

I can't solve the problem, but I can tell you I just played a sample clip from Walmart in the last two minutes with IE6 and WindowXP.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting