No luck with YouTube render...

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

No luck with YouTube render...

Postby PhotoMill » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:36 am

Hello again ..

I just set up a show for YouTube and clicked the icon for the YouTube presentation. It automatically posted 2 signs, the second directly behind and hidden by the first. The first sign box states: "Please wait while ProShow Gold downloads the file list". I also noticed that the program was attempting to make a download (which always just hangs) from a web location "optionalfiles.photodex.com" but always hangs at 0%. After about 10 minutes or so I gave up and clicked the X on the box. The second sign was now in view and it stated: "Please wait, updating the device list" as the header and below in the box it reads "Please wait while ProShow Gold waits for the device list to download. This may take a few minutes". I suspect there is something really wrong here. My internet is always on so there was no link problem. I did check out in another window what was at the site optionalfiles.photodex.com and all I see is "delete me" on the page.

Not sure what to make of any of this. Has anyone seen this situation before? This is my first attempt to use the YouTube feature. Running the latest PSG code and have had but not used PSG since March of 2007. Just getting into it.

Tks...
...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Re: No luck with YouTube render...

Postby kirsch » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:34 pm

Hello

This worked fine in the past, updating the device list from Photodex in a snap, but...
since updating to the latest release (4.52.3053) it is no more working !

I don't know if it has something to do with te update or the photodex URL.

Robert.

Postby trulytango » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello

Are you using AVAST anti-virus? I had exactly the same problem when trying to upload to Youtube from PSP and I I narrowed it down to AVAST. I contacted their support team and this is what they told me to do:

1) Click the orange avast's icon in system tray to open the program interface
2) Click the REALTIME SHIELDS button
3) Click the WEB SHIELD to select it and then click the EXPERT SETTINGS button in right pane
4) Under MAIN SETTINGS, tick the "Scan traffic from well-known browser processes only"
5) Confirm the change with OK button

It worked! My issue was resolved and I can successfully use PSP's Create Output>Youtube feature.

Hope this helps

Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby kirsch » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:30 am

Hello there, lucky again !

Marvellous it works : The Avast solution thanks to Trulytango is OK, you spotted the problem precisely.
Now I can again work efficiently with Youtube and Vimeo encoding.

Bye Robert, France.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting