Sharing

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Honorary ProShow PHD

Sharing

Postby TinaJ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:35 pm

I have had one family member who is consistently unable to access my shows when I send her the invitation. I"ve also tried giving her my password and member name. Is there a particular browser that doesn't work with presenter? She also has a new computer.I'm assuming with Vista, and hasn't been able to load presenter on the new one. I didn't have any trouble adding it to mine. I'm wondering if she has some heavy duty filter or fire wall that may be interfering. I don't know enough about computers to figure this out. Any suggestions?
TinaJ

Postby nannybear » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm

If she hasn't downloaded the presenter it won't matter what membername and password she has :wink: So solve the presenter issue first. I think. I don't have Vista so not sure. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:48 pm

Does she have a Mac? If so as I just learned from Mikey the other day, there is no presenter version for the Mac.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Stlll waiting

Postby TinaJ » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:34 am

for her to answer me back. I had gone thru several of her old emails and I know when she got the new computer there was an issue with loading presenter but I think she finally got that loaded. I'm sure she has a pc, so that wouldn't be the problem. I need to investigate more I guess.
TinaJ

Honorary ProShow PHD

Presenter issue

Postby TinaJ » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:29 am

I heard back from my cousin....she says she has tried to download presenter, but when she clicks download, she gets a 'screen message saying that at this time the internet would not allow her to download it!' Huh? I think it's a security setting in her computer, I've never known the INTERNET to keep a download out, except when there is a high demand, but certainly never with presenter. I have Vista loaded and didn't have any trouble loading presenter, even with the admin/user issues it purportedly has. So, another stumper! Guess she'll have to wait til it comes out on DVD!
Tina

Postby debngar » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:16 am

The firewall or anti-virus may be preventing her to access the shows.

If she can adjust the firewall program and/or anti-virus program to allow stuff to be downloaded etc from photodex.com, that might fix the problem.

Also, you don't have to "register" on the website with a member name and password to view the shows. All they need is the presenter on the PC to see them.

Debbie

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:46 am

Once you figure out the downloading problem you may want to check to see if she has a broadband connection. I am assuming that she does.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting