uploading and email

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

uploading and email

Postby Graydog » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:18 am

I have been trying to post my first show and or email it to someone and I'm not able to do ether . I have followed the steps and it starts to look like it is going and then nothing. I know it is a question that probably has been asked before. I'm a newbie , I have had proshow gold 3.2 for about 3weeks now. love the program and love the forum. I hope someday to post a show and get some feed back. any help would be greatly appreciated

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Couple of things to check -- you have set up your free account at
photodex for the show sharing AND you have the account name
and password correct when you try to upload right?

Assuming you do have that set up correctly, and the photodex site
is being good today, I would next suspect a firewall issue on your
system that is preventing it from going.

Just a couple of guesses since you don't indicate exactly what you
mean by "is going then nothing".

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

firewall?

Postby Graydog » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Thanks for the reply mikey, proshow starts the process like it is uploading and even says it is then it is done and then nothing so maybe I have 6 or 7 shows floating around in cyberspace....... I should have thought of the firewall I will try it with it off when I get home from work. I see by your signature you have a D -70 how do you like it? I have had mine for around 3years and really like it allot.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:36 pm

How far through this sequence are you getting?

1. I take it you have selected 'Create Output'
2. From there the 'Share Show Online' option. This brings up the 'Share Show Online' window with the 'Uploading' tab active.
3. In this 'Upload to' should default to 'Photodex Web Site'.
4. Below this is space for your 'Member Name' and 'Password', I assume you have these correct otherwise you will get a 'User name and/or password incorrect' error message.
5. Below this is 'Album Selection' this should default to 'My Collection', and the 'Show caption' to the name of your show.
6. Pressing 'Upload' should now upload the show with a green progress bar below your thumbnails on the left of the screen.
7. This should complete and then the message 'Show Uploaded' be given (think that is the words).

As I say, how far through this sequence are you getting?

This should help the diagnosis, 'and then nothing' does not help much without explaination as to what is happening :lol:

Brian

EDIT You then have to look at the Presenter site to see the upload, you can do this via the 'View Albums' button on this same 'Upload' page.

Postby nannybear » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:45 pm

I use the latest PSP and what has happened to me lately is that I go to upload but no bar. After awhile I go to do it again and then it starts to upload???? Oh well works eventually......cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:58 pm

nannybear wrote:I use the latest PSP and what has happened to me lately
is that I go to upload but no bar. After awhile I go to do it again and then it
starts to upload???? Oh well works eventually......cheers Jan

I see they are updating their website to function like their software :twisted:

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Re: firewall?

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:03 pm

Graydog wrote:Thanks for the reply mikey, proshow starts the process like it is uploading and even says it is then it is done and then nothing so maybe I have 6 or 7 shows floating around in cyberspace....... I should have thought of the firewall I will try it with it off when I get home from work. I see by your signature you have a D -70 how do you like it? I have had mine for around 3years and really like it allot.

I really like the D70 (although the autofocus sometimes guesses wrong and goes
the wrong way on something that is way out of focus). I just finished a DVD of
my daughters soccer team and showed it last night at their end of the year party.
Everybody loved it and kept asking how I got such great pictures (lots of them with
the girls with the ball frozen in front of their face etc with them looking right at the
ball. Parents love that sort of thing :D

It does have a couple of quirks, but I find that if I set it on continuous autofocus
and lock it on the center focus spot, it works well for the action shots (and these
girls are pretty fast - 16/17 year olds). I usually shoot with the Sigma 70-300mm
lens and it works pretty good.

mikey

works

Postby Graydog » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:26 pm

I did an uninstall and reinstall and everything works fine now :D I will try my first show now. thanks to everyone for your help

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting