Uploading to Photodex--won't do it anymore.

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
reeselite

Uploading to Photodex--won't do it anymore.

Postby reeselite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:21 am

Gah!

I have been trying since last night to upload a 3 minute show with no video. It doesn't hang up, like it usually does. It imports the audio, collects the resources and then poof! Everything goes away and Proshow closes itself and I am left blinking at my desktop icons.

I am still searching for a topic like this, so if it's already been posted....I apologize.

Any idea?

Reese

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:12 am

See if this thread helps - I think there are others, but this is the most recent I remember
seeing. http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?p=46935

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:30 am

Thanks, I will go and try it.

I can open the show, play the show, edit the show, uploaded to Youtube, it's just when I select Share Show Online and start to upload to Photodex, it just explodes.

Well, not really explode....but it feels like it. :)

I will go and see if there is corruption.

Thanks again.

reese

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:45 am

One other thing you can try -- create a "web show" instead of uploading and you will
get a local copy of the .px file on your machine. See if you can play it locally or if it
is corrupted also.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:05 pm

Will do....

Got an email from support and they told me to do the same thing that was in the other thread. I deleted the files and still no go.

Forgive me if this is a really bad question....but at the bottom of the screen when you are in the Share Show Online part.....there is a bar graph that runs along the bottom, with a green bar that can fill from 0 to 8.

What's that?

And does the fact that it's filled all the way to 8 mean anything?

(Is someone going to throw anything at me, or just point and laugh?)

--Going to try and do the web show option.

reese

Postby Jerry Cole » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:21 pm

reeselite wrote: ...at the bottom of the screen when you are in the Share Show Online part.....there is a bar graph that runs along the bottom, with a green bar that can fill from 0 to 8.
What's that?
And does the fact that it's filled all the way to 8 mean anything?
(Is someone going to throw anything at me, or just point and laugh?)
reese

Reese,
No worries about that "green bar" ... if its what I think it is just a gauge for the show size. No bad questions on this forum ... and my Mama didn't allow finger pointing. We might throw a compliment at you ...Like "Love the Batman Guy"!
Usually, any laughing we do is over self-inflicted wounds.

Hope you solve your problem, I uploaded a huge file without too much difficulty, so I know that it still works!
Best of Luck,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Thanks Jerry.....and you too Mikey. For a minute there I was thinking that maybe there was some sort of show limit and I had reached it. :)

Batman would be Drew. My one-year-old superhero. He was not too thrilled with the mask....but we sure did get a kick out of it. :)

Now when I try to upload the show, or any other show, it will not close itself down right after it collects its resources, but now I get a cpicName box that says Executable Creation Canceled.....followed by Upload to psuploads.photodex.com was successful.

I went ahead and just made the show into a flash and a fuzzy Youtube. I'm sure that my four-year-old probably did some "work" on my computer while I wasn't looking. I'm going to go in and clean up some files tonight and see what happens.

Thanks again...

I'll let ya know what happens!

Reese

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:23 pm

That almost sounds like it is trying to create an executable and a stream show
at the same time for some reason. Double check all your option boxes on the
show creation options. Also check for grubby little finger prints on the keyboard :lol:

Also, try the other suggestion I had of creating a "web show" - that creates a local
showname.px file you can play with presenter without having to upload it.

mikey

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:19 pm

We uninstalled Proshow. Ran registry mechanic to fix any .dll errors. Rebooted pc. Reinstalled Proshow. And cleared up about 20gb of hard drive space, just because it needed to be done!

I am now back to normal (ha!) and able to upload to Photodex once again.

Thanks so much for your help yet again!

reese

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting