Making music compatible...

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Making music compatible...

Postby Barnum » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:04 pm

Currently downloading music from Walmart, but find that some tunes simply will not open up in PSG? What can I do to change the format?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:02 pm

Depends on what format the files were downloaded in and whether they were copy protected when downloaded. Some files are internally flagged to disallow the kind of use that ProShow involves--legally you can't use them. As a pragmatic matter there are any number of utilities and methods that will remove the restriction.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Bill McMahon

MP3 Converter

Postby Bill McMahon » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:46 am

Any suggestions regarding an MP3 converter. I have so many CDs that I bought over the years and would like to convert some of this music to mp3 format.
Bill

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:33 am

Bill

I like 'Easy CD-DA Extractor'. Easy to use and also does file conversions, not free though, forget how much. http://www.poikosoft.com/ .

Just had a look $33 for the all singing dancing one.

Brian

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:41 am

For ripping music off of CDs I suggest using Windows Media Player. It's already on your pc, unless you running a Mac. Just insert the CD into the drive and select the RIP option in Media Player. It will convert your CD into MP3 format and save the songs on your hard drive.

For the Wal-Mart/I-tunes music you need to burn the songs onto a CD and then do the steps above using Windows Media Player. It's a few steps, but gets the results you need so you can use your music in your shows.

Mike

Postby bigsewed » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:51 pm

I rip CD's to MP3 using the freeware...CDex...
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/?q=download
Better yet, Amazon music is already MP3 and most are $.89...
They down load direct into iTunes or Media Player...
Wes

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:01 pm

I'll second the vote for CDex. It's got a ton of options for how the rip goes but leave all the defaults and it works fine. I especially like the options it provides for how it will name the resulting files using info it can download from the "freedb" of online album, artist, track, etc, information.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting