Flash black edges top & bottom

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
yonni

Flash black edges top & bottom

Postby yonni » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:26 am

Hi all,

I'm new here. Sorry if this has been covered but I've spent hours trying to fix this and when I did a serach on the forum I couldn't find the answer. When I output a (custom) flash show I get a black border along the top and bottom of my slideshow. Is there a way to fix it? The custom size is 350 x 307 pixels I have tried all of the aspect ratio options I could see - fit to frame, fill frame, stretch to frame, fix to safe zone & fill safe zone. Do all flash shows have this border? can I hide it somehow? The slides seem to be poor quality too maybe because they are being squeezed out of shape?

All images are 350x307 pixels as well and I have set the safe zone to 0 as it is for web.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Juan

yonni

Postby yonni » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:30 am

50 views and no answer? Have I asked a dumb question or does nobody know the answer?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:49 am

Sorry Yonni, I have looked in but didn't know the answer!

However what I will say is your Pixel dimensions of 350 x 307 are not a 4:3 ratio, you have too many in the vertical direction. Is this why you have black bars top and bottom.

For a 4:3 ratio it should be 350 x 262 pixels.

Brian

yonni

Postby yonni » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:50 am

The pixel ratio is set to custom which should allow for 350 x 307 which is the dimension of my images. I don't reallly like 4:3 but if that's what I have to use to get it working I will have to go back and recrop all of my images to fit (and redevelope my website).

Thanks for the answer anyway.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting