DVD Player Audio silence

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
lester

DVD Player Audio silence

Postby lester » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:40 pm

Burning a DVD from PS works OK on our DVD player but on a friends similar quality but different brand DVD player the sound track is annoying silent. Any clues please?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:31 pm

If your going to burn your DVDs within Gold make sure you use PCM audio instead of MP2 in the Output Options window when you select the DVD Disk Icon.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:26 am

Yes, to follow up on what Ben said -- if you look at that standard for NTSC DVD's,
it says that at least one audio track must be either LPCM or Dolby AC3. That said,
*most* of the current crop of players will play the sound if it is Mpeg Layer 2
(which seems to be what many editors default to). When you run into one that
does "play by the standards" (usually older), that is the most comon symptom ...
"Nice show, but no sound". Note that for PAL, the Mpeg Layer2 audio is
acceptable. The nice thing about standards is there are so many to chose from :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

RonHenry

Re: DVD Player Audio silence

Postby RonHenry » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:01 pm

lester wrote:Burning a DVD from PS works OK on our DVD player but on a friends similar quality but different brand DVD player the sound track is annoying silent. Any clues please?

Been lurking here for awhile but thought I'd jump in since this exact same thing happened to me last week. Instead of using PCM you might check your options menu on the DVD player and see if it has a setting for enabling MP2. My secondary player didn't have this enabled by default but playback was fine after I switched it on. Beats taking up more space on the DVD with uncompressed PCM audio.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. Great forum.

lester

Postby lester » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:05 am

many thanks for advice. Have reburnt the DVD show with PCM setting but yet to try it on friends player. Will do soon. PCM works OK on my player as well as the mp2.

Postby HunnyB » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:42 pm

My "older" DVD player will not play the music.
Newer one does.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting