Rendering problem solved

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Rendering problem solved

Postby fnelsen » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:21 am

I have been using Pro show producer for about eight months now. I had the misfortune of losing a hard drive and having to reinstall. After installation PSP would not render and burn a DVD or an ISO. After reading much of the information on this forum and trying everything to no avail I discovered that windows XP has something called data execution prevention, DEP. Once I added PSP to the list everything worked fine.

I am posting this information because of frustration that I found in not being able to find a correction for my problem in hopes that someone else might be able to use the information.

The process is a simple one and goes like this, go to your start menu, my computer, right-click, go to properties, go to advanced, click on data execution prevention make sure the second radio button is checked, go to the add button, find Pro show producer executable (usually c-program files-photodex-proshow), make sure there's a checkbox by it once it's in the DEP. Click OK.

Don't know if this will work for everyone but it sure worked for me after six hours of troubleshooting.:shock:

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:18 pm

Welcome to the forum with your gem of information.

Just as a matter of interest, PSP is running fine for me without it being in the DEP list. However it worked for you and may do for others.

Thanks
Brian

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting