Starting Music in Middle

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Starting Music in Middle

Postby Barnum » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:30 am

Have a particular song I want to use, but want it to start about 30 seconds into the song. In other words I want to skip the long introduction. Can someone help please?

Thanks,

Dick

Postby nannybear » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:39 am

Can you not edit in Proshow and use the fade in or trim options? If not you can edit in Audacity. I know lots of people use that software. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby iromero » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:01 am

There is an option to change the offset for the track that you want to use on the Show Soundtrack options screen. This will allow you to specify 30 seconds as the offset before the song starts.

Ivan

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:06 am

Will try and explain again....the song has a long introduction (about twenty seconds)... I want to start the stong on the main theme or melody. Offset just leaves a slides without any music?

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:18 am

Sorry, just figured it out... I've done about six long shows using this program, and I learn something new each time. Never looked at "edit fades and timing" category. Sometimes I feel like a jerk...

Thanks for all you help. Can always count on someone here to help. Great forum!!

Dick

Postby Jerry Cole » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:49 am

Dick,
Glad you found the "edit fades and timing" function. With that and the offset function you can get quite a bit of control over the audio, but if you need to do more, I second Nannybear's recommendation for Audacity. It's even free.

Mikey pointed out some good reasons to use such a program in one of the other threads. Can't remember which one now!
If I remember I will post again .... or maybe Mikey will see this one.

Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting