DVD Video/Audio Jerky on PC, OK on TV

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
jpculver

DVD Video/Audio Jerky on PC, OK on TV

Postby jpculver » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:25 am

Good Morning All,
Running PSG 2.6 v1777. I have a 6 part show with an intro video in Part 1. When the DVD is played on a PC, Part 1 video stops and starts and audio stutters until about 3/4 the way thru and then it finally syncs up and plays fine. No other problem in any of the other parts. The video plays fine by itself, either from the DVD Video_TS folder VOB file or the same from the hard drive. It only screws up when the DVD Part 1 is played thru the menu on the computer. An EXE on the hard drive works ok. I've tried different DVD, same problem. The same DVD works just perfectly on a TV DVD Player. Why does going thru the menu screw it up?

lisco

Postby lisco » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:45 pm

jpculver-

I have had this problem myself. I have found that after you place the dvd in the player and close it, allow it a few moments to load. when ever I have gotten a bit quick to start the show after putting it in, the audio is out of sync and sort of blows the whole show for whoever it plays for. In my opinion, the standard dvd player is much quicker at loading and thats why it plays smoothly. Maybe you are giving it plenty of time to load and in that case, I just wasted a lilttle bit of space. :)

Hope that is some sort of help.

Scott

jpculver

Postby jpculver » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:16 pm

Scott, thanks but it doesn't seem to matter if I execute immediately or let it sit for a bit. I did fix the problem, though. I use a Galactic Scroll in the beginning and I used MS MovieMaker. Then I found out PSG 3.0 now has that capability. Bought PSG 3.0 and I'm re-rendering the show now. Got rid of the video and it seems to work well so far. Now, 3.0 seems to have a few bugs. Black screen on play, crash if you right click on the wrong part of the screen, and a couple of random "See Ya I'm gone" incidents. We'll see how this plays out.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting