Create DVD Image

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Create DVD Image

Postby quent_dkl » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:26 am

Hi All

Trying to burn a show to DVD - i get to the creating a DVD Image and Proshow Producer just drops out.

In the show is some .mov files and jpegs along with about 2-3 .psd files.

I have turned off visus and spyware programs. Also unchecked the video thumbnail option on the menu.

Can burn previous projects but not this one that contains three shows.

Can anyone help.

:shock:

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:19 pm

Sounds to me like something in the show is causing the ProShow software to fail. Others have had this problem, and most commonly, it turned out to be a video file that ProShow couldn't handle in the render process. To diagnose the problem here's what I'd do:

First try rendering the show to a ISO file and not to a DVD. Assuming that fails the same way then try rendering the show removing each of the video files in turn (drop just the first video file, then just the second...) and attempt to render to an SO file. If the problem is one of those files that will tell you which one is the problem. At that point, I'd convert that video file to some other format ProShow supports and put it back to see if that takes care of it.

Hope that will help get you going in the right direction,
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

DVD Creation

Postby quent_dkl » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:33 am

Hi There

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated.

It turned out to be a corrupt music file.

Those guys at Photodex are useless!!!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting