please help with audio

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
bigfish

please help with audio

Postby bigfish » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:23 pm

I have made several 2.6 PSP videos in the past. All seem to have the same audio problem. While playing, you hear the music have background noises like sheeeep........rruuuup......almost like a skip as well as other sounds that seem to make no reason where and when they happen. Someone told me that it was a memory problem so I upgraded yesterday to 2 Gb's and no change. I also just tried burning with PCM selected and it appears worse. Most of my music is downloaded from CD's or Itunes and it appears to make no difference where or what type of files they are, although most are MP.3's. The sounds are also heard prior to burning while just playing back in PSP so I don't believe this is a burning issue.

Is this just something you have to live with in PSP or does someone know a solution. I need to burn and play a show in 12 hours for 400 people and hope to get this resolved.
Any help would be appreciated!

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:29 pm

In general, I have not heard of that problem -- there has been an issue
with "clicks" which is usually fixed by overlapping the ends of the songs
on the audio track. Usually when people report really strange things in
their audio (or things that crash Proshow), it turns out to be an audio or
picture file that is corrupted in some way (it would be nice if they would
tell you there was a problem with the file ... ). You did indicate that there
"was no reason when and where it happened" - does that mean that if
you play it back 3 times it will happen in a different place each time or
it is not obvious why it is happening, but it happens at the same place
each time you play the show ???

PCM is the correct format for NTSC DVD's (or Dolby AC3) although many
of the DVD players today can handle Mpeg Layer 2 audio.

The key here I guess is it depends if the same "burble or whatever"
is happening at the same point each time you play a show back or
if it moves around and shows up at a different place each time. If
it is the latter, something else in your system is doing something that
is causing a problem. If it shows up in the same place each time, then
I would suspect a problem at that point in the audio file. Those are
my best guesses at this point.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

lisco

Postby lisco » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:46 pm

I had this problem once. Does the music make the noise in your media player? Does it make the same noise at about the same time as in your show? If the answer is yes to either of these, then it is a corrupt file. This is what I did to correct mine. Delete the song and re-rip it or download it, whichever you need. In my case it was the program I was using to rip my cd's. I started to notice that all my music that was ripped, had a little "Scratch" (for a lack of a better word) in them.

I hope this turns out to be a simple fix for you. Good Luck!

Scott

Postby cherub » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:52 pm

Some more ideas:
Do you have the songs in mp3 format on your computer?
Do they play well in Windows Media Player, or WinAmp, or whatever you have to play media?
If they don't - you have a codec problem.

If they do:
Download this free program: Audacity from here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Export and save your mp3 files to another format supported by Proshow. I recommend ogg
Reinsert these files in your show instead of your original files.

bigfish

Postby bigfish » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:17 pm

I thank you all for your responses. The answer to the first question is it happens at the exact same place and time whether I am playing them back with proshow or after I burn the DVD. I believe it is a corrupt file and I will try to go down that road. I have heard of the ogg format as a possible solution and I will try that tonight. If anyone has any other ideas please feel free to jump in since my time is limited. For now, I do appreciate your responses
Thanks,
Rick

bigfish

Postby bigfish » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:20 pm

Sorry, the answer to the other question they are in MP3 format and they do play with other players just fine. I sometimes think I am hearing the same noise but much fainter when I am playing back in a player. It does appear to be amplified in proshow. Thus the corrupt theory, I'll try to ogg format and be back with an answer soon
Thanks,
Rick

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:22 pm

Another thing you might try is getting another copy of the audio file
(I do agree, if it is in the same place each time, it is probably the file).
Also as someone else suggested Audacity - when you change formats
(or even if you resave it to the same format, new file name), it may
find the problem and fix it or at least let you see where it is and do
something with it in the editor then save it.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:24 pm

I remember back when I had psg 2.6 and had the very same problem. I still have shows burnt to DVD that when I play them exibit this problem. NOTHING I tried ever solved the problem. It wasn't a corrupt music file, it didn't matter what format I used, and it didn't matter that I rerecorded the music either. Even tried rerecording at a relatively low level as to not clip the signal. I tried OGG, MP3, WAV, different CODECs and the problem never ever went away.

What it sounds like is a Digital Fart. :oops: Yep, thats what it sounds like. BLURP! BLEEP! BLARP! BRUMP! SCREECH! and not always in the same place unless you burn it to DVD then it will always be in the same place. But previewing it within proshow would yield the problem very inconsistantly. For me it always seemed to be related certain transitions when they were taking place.

Sorry I am of no help here but thought I'd let you know that I did have that problem with PSG & PSP 2.6. Since moving well into the 3.0 versions I've not heard or had the problem since.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting