dvd creation cancled

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
djmagic

dvd creation cancled

Postby djmagic » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:49 am

dvd creation cancled
this error message i get when trying to create a .iso or a dvd
but i dont touch anything

??any help please

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:12 pm

Need some more information first.

Exactly when in the process do you get that message?
Have you successfully created DVD's or ISO's outside of ProShow?
Have you ever successfully created a DVD or ISO in ProShow? Tried it more than once?
Does the drive (or partition) that the ISO file is to written to have enough free space (>4GB)?

If this is the first try at making an ISO, then one thing to try is attempt it with a different show. Occasionally people have reported trouble with a show that turned out to be something funny with an embedded audio file or video file that would cause the rendering to fail. Try making a show that has nothing but a few pictures in it and attempt the ISO creation with just that to see if it works.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

djmagic

Postby djmagic » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:34 pm

DickK wrote:Need some more information first.

Exactly when in the process do you get that message?
Have you successfully created DVD's or ISO's outside of ProShow?
Have you ever successfully created a DVD or ISO in ProShow? Tried it more than once?
Does the drive (or partition) that the ISO file is to written to have enough free space (>4GB)?

If this is the first try at making an ISO, then one thing to try is attempt it with a different show. Occasionally people have reported trouble with a show that turned out to be something funny with an embedded audio file or video file that would cause the rendering to fail. Try making a show that has nothing but a few pictures in it and attempt the ISO creation with just that to see if it works.

Dick

Exactly when in the process do you get that message? after the rendering has completed
Have you ever successfully created a DVD or ISO in ProShow? no
Does the drive (or partition) that the ISO file is to written to have enough free space (>4GB)? yes

sorted at last..........................sorted at last..........................sorted at last..........................sorted at last..........................

the problem was with the menu option

there was a tick in the box USE VIDEO THUMBNAILS
after removing the tick i burnt a dvd and created a .iso file
so many thanks for the help offerd hope you will be able to help again now that i got the software running properly

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting