pcb

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
djmagic

pcb

Postby djmagic » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:37 pm

firstly heelo every 1 this is my first post and i am hoping some1 will understand me and my problem...

after creating a disc i place it in to my dvd player and my player says pbc (play back control) and i am unable to view the dvd
this has happend on 2 dvd players...
is there any way of altering the dvd disc so that this no longer becomes a problem..
i have used other software for creating slideshows and have never had this problem....

any help appreciated

many thanks

Honorary ProShow PHD

PBC Disabled

Postby DanDan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:56 am

Hi DJ,
Is that the wording on what you are seeing? Redish background with yellow lettering? That happened to me once too. I inadvertanly checked the box (or left it checked) to include an intro show (DVD burning menu option). Just so happens that was the intro show selected. Many people ask how to remove the Proshow intro that appears on many of their DVDs, it is because of the include "Intro Show" box being checked. Just uncheck the box in the "Shows" tab, next time you go to burn.
As only a 15 second intro, I am trying to remember if I would just let it play out, if my intended show then also played. :lol: :lol: Yes laughing at myself here.
Have you tried to let it play beyond the initial "Intro"- "PBC Disabled" show. You may want to just burn again, and uncheck the box.
_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:58 am

heh heh !! Sounds like something I would do! I once spent an
hour as a unix admin (logged in as root) trying to get my utility
to run. It would blow up and when I tried to view the resulting
logfile, all I got was "permission denied". I could delete the log,
but apparently couldn't view it. When I finally tumbled to the
fact the log contained one line "Permission denied" I was able
to quickly solve the problem (after banging head on wall for
a bit). Just one of life's little adventures :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

djmagic

Re: PBC Disabled

Postby djmagic » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:20 am

DanDan wrote:Hi DJ,
Is that the wording on what you are seeing? Redish background with yellow lettering? That happened to me once too. I inadvertanly checked the box (or left it checked) to include an intro show (DVD burning menu option). Just so happens that was the intro show selected. Many people ask how to remove the Proshow intro that appears on many of their DVDs, it is because of the include "Intro Show" box being checked. Just uncheck the box in the "Shows" tab, next time you go to burn.
As only a 15 second intro, I am trying to remember if I would just let it play out, if my intended show then also played. :lol: :lol: Yes laughing at myself here.
Have you tried to let it play beyond the initial "Intro"- "PBC Disabled" show. You may want to just burn again, and uncheck the box.
_Dan

its not the screen at the begining it on the dvd player.....

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:02 am

djmagic,

Is this the image you're seeing?

If this is what you're seeing it is on the DVD. If it is on the DVD are you sure you burned your show in the DVD format?
PBC or Playback Control is only used for the Video CD format. It refers to a setting on your DVD player that must be enabled in order for menus to work properly with video CD's.

Barbara

djmagic

Postby djmagic » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:24 pm

Barbara_K wrote:djmagic,

Is this the image you're seeing?

If this is what you're seeing it is on the DVD. If it is on the DVD are you sure you burned your show in the DVD format?
PBC or Playback Control is only used for the Video CD format. It refers to a setting on your DVD player that must be enabled in order for menus to work properly with video CD's.

Barbara

yes i see this as this ... so if i burn a dvd then this warning will not show and the resulting dvd will play fine in all dvd players...??
many thanks for a reply

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:49 pm

djmagic wrote:yes i see this as this ... so if i burn a dvd then this warning will not show and the resulting dvd will play fine in all dvd players...??
many thanks for a reply

Yes if you burn your show using the DVD format this warning will not show unless as Dan said you mistakenly chose this file as an "Intro". As for playing fine in all DVD players there is no guarantee with any of the DVD's any of us make. DVD players can be finicky and what plays in one may not play in another. Different media brands as well as the + or - format can all be factors in whether the DVD plays.

Good luck. Hope you get it working.

Barbara

djmagic

Postby djmagic » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:28 pm

Barbara_K wrote:
djmagic wrote:yes i see this as this ... so if i burn a dvd then this warning will not show and the resulting dvd will play fine in all dvd players...??
many thanks for a reply

Yes if you burn your show using the DVD format this warning will not show unless as Dan said you mistakenly chose this file as an "Intro". As for playing fine in all DVD players there is no guarantee with any of the DVD's any of us make. DVD players can be finicky and what plays in one may not play in another. Different media brands as well as the + or - format can all be factors in whether the DVD plays.

Good luck. Hope you get it working.

Barbara

ok thanks for your help keeping my fingers crossed

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting