Recommend a FREE and good video editing program?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Recommend a FREE and good video editing program?

Postby bettyhills » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:21 pm

Is there a full-featured, free, easy-to-master, video editing program any of you would recommend?

How about a free, video conversion utility that will take .MOV files and output them as .AVI?

I went to a post on the Forum that suggests many, free, video image utilities and downloaded several, but they either convert the video frames for use as stills within PSG, or do not handle Quicktime .MOV files at all. Please share if anyone knows of an editor that processes .MOV files or will convert them to another format.
ProShow Gold, V3-1907

free video editing program

Postby GordonHarris » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:48 am

I use Mp4cam2avi to convert MOV files to avi, to use in PSG slide shows. It's very fast and efficient. Can't remmember where I got it, but I just put 'Mp4cam2avi' into a search engine to find it.
I convert to avi when the video clip's sound track needs editing. Otherwise you can just insert the MOV files straight into the slide show.

Gordon

Postby Barbara_K » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:46 am

I'll second Gordon's recommendation of MP4Cam2AVI. My daughter's camera outputs movies in the .MOV format and this program works perfectly to convert them to .AVI for editing plus it's free. Here's the URL for this program:
http://mp4cam2avi.sourceforge.net/

Barbara

Postby bettyhills » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:11 am

Thank you, both!
ProShow Gold, V3-1907

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting