Why don't web shows work?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
PhilRose

Why don't web shows work?

Postby PhilRose » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:47 pm

I guess they must work for some people but I output a web show and it looks lovely. Nice (relatively) small size, looks good etc. But then I upload the two files to my server (putting them alongside one another in the same folder) and put in the address and the box comes up with the controls at the bottom and it just says it's finished playing and, if I want to play again to right click and hit play. I don't see my content like I do when I play it locally. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks for any help people can offer with this, my first post. I'm using PS Gold V3, by the way.

Phil

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:59 pm

Phil:

Can you provide a link to the page where the show is to play on your site? It looks like the PX file isn't being found. Double check your code to make sure you've uploaded the PX file to your server where the code in your page is expecting it to be.

Mike

PhilRose

Postby PhilRose » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:46 pm

Tee hee, I'm an idiot. Don't know what was wrong before but I deleted it. So now I re-export and upload to http://www.jimmyhenry.com/weddingshow.html and it works a treat. Thanks anyway.

Hey, do you remember the song by the Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy, the Winter of the Long Hot Summer with the line 'The city of Stockton, coffins locked in' something something? Anyway, great band.

Phil

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting