Switch to full style
Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Post a reply

HELP Audio Files

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:22 pm

I have been using ProShow Producer for years and just this week I have encountered a new issue.

When trying to put an audio file (that I took with my own camera) it states:

COULD NOT LOAD AUDIO FILE
THIS FILE MAY NOT BE A VALID AUDIO FILE
OR IT MAY BE A PROTECTED FILE
SOME AUDIO SOURCES MAY PROTECT THEIR FILES TO
LIMIT USAGE TO THEIR OWN APPLICATIONS.

What does this mean? HELP.

I have to finish this slideshow video.

Thanks in advance

Re: HELP Audio Files

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Anyone? Anyone familiar with this message when I try to load my videos off my camera into my slideshow?

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:59 pm

What camera are you using? What format are the audio files you are trying to import? Do you have an audio editor on your system? (if not, you might want to download/install the free Audacity ( http://www.audacityteam.org/ ) and try opening the audio file in that editor - can it deal with it OK?

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:52 am

My camera is the Canon Rebel T3.
The audio files are MVI.
I have ProShow Producer 5.00.3206.

I have never had an issue with this before with ProShow Producer. I use my video clips from my camera and insert and edit them into my slideshow all the time.

This just happened the other day. Is there something I clicked on in ProShow by mistake? Or perhaps it's a setting on my camera that I hit by mistake? Just thinking outloud here.

I knew if I came here someone would be familiar with the below pic alert.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:47 pm

The info I have been reading says the mvi file is a video file, not an audio file.

I'd suggest using MediaInfo on one of the problem files you have copied to your computer to see what it says.

Available here if you don't have it. https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

Joe

added: If you drag and drop your mvi file on to Audacity, it should extract the audio file only. At that point you can export the file as a wav or mp3 which should work in PSG.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:10 pm

Wow, I feel like such an idiot. I can't believe this...lol. I was trying to put the mov file into the audio file instead of the main timeline with the still shots. I am such a dork.
Thank you SO MUCH for getting me to see that Heckydog. It must be this 100 degree weather all month that has gotten to my brain.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for being here for us.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:43 am

Ah, good - I see Joe got it for you. I had the same reaction as he did when I saw the "MVI" since that is typically a video (or video with audio) file format. Glad you got it sorted !! You still might want to put the free Audacity on your system - it gives you more flexibility when you are working with audio files and is a handy accessory for your toolbox.
Post a reply