Non English characters

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Non English characters

Postby vedsez » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:19 am

Hi everyone,
This my very first topic within the forum. Before I have joined read so many topics in this forum. Just registered.
I have Dell Alienware X51 desktop pc. The configuration of this pc is Intel core i7 Skyline. 16 gb ram GeForce 960 graphics card ect.
I also purchased lates software of Proshow Producer 7. The most important problem I am facing at the moment is not recognising other characters other then English. Every other soft does recognise Turkish characters but Proshow Producer. The Turkish language is in Latin alphabet . The fonts are defaults fonts of the Microsoft. Once you change the language from English to Turkish does the job with all other softs but Proshow Producer.
Can anyone tell me what to do?
Most of the work I carry out is in Turkish.
My regards in advance

Re: Non English characters 2

Postby vedsez » Sat May 21, 2016 4:53 pm

Ever since post my problem with non English characters has been read by more then 212 forum participants with no solution unfortunately.
I am quite sure photodex software makers do also have participation with this forum in some how. Atleast I was expecting a word from them but non.

Re: Non English characters

Postby osharr » Sat May 21, 2016 7:32 pm

I would suggest searching this forum for non english characters .
If it ain't broke , don't fix it !

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Hello

There are several characters sets : ASCII, Extended ASCII, ANSI, unicode.

Windows first used ANSI which contains the same set as Extended ASCII but now support UNICODE.

As far as I know (from my experience) Proshow supports only Extended ASCII which corresponds to Occidental Europe characters set.
Then it is working without problem with french characters but neither with northern Europe characters nor with estern Europe characters, nor with all others.

I do not know if turkish characters belongs to Extended ASCII but consulting Wikipedia I can see that Extended ASCII is latin-1 while Turkisk belongs to latin-3 and latin-5.

However, Russian use Proshow with Cyrilic characters but then probably use a windows add on for I have problems when using their .psh files using those characters.

Then a russian or urkrainian Proshow user could perhaps explain here how it works for them. Try to contact Stranger or Random.

Try also Photodex to know if next version will support UNICODE...
Chris Marie

Postby vedsez » Sun May 22, 2016 3:02 am

Marie 78,

Thanks. Where the problem is what you are saying. We need to have update on this issue. I believe Photodex has heard my voice. Hope soon we will be having update.

Postby vedsez » Sun May 22, 2016 3:06 am

My dear friend Osharr,
Unfortunately there is nothing to cover this issue. I have read almost every article not only read but also send an email to Photodex and ask their help before I have rise my problem within the forum. Still , yet to hear from Photodex.

Postby vedsez » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:01 am

I've solved non English characters recognition by Photodex 8.

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:08 am

Hi

Nice ti hear that.

I am going to try if Cyrillic is solved too.
Chris Marie

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting