Problems importing with the wizard

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Problems importing with the wizard

Postby fabraines » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:43 am

Hi! I'm using Proshow Gold version 6.0.3410 with Parallels on an iMac with Yosemite using Windows 8.1. My problem is that the wizard will not import photos, videos or music of any type or description. I can "slide" all 3 from their folders direct to the slide list or timeline with no problem. I transferred photos, videos and music to folders on my windows desktop and tried to import to proshow with the wizard and received the following error "There was an error trying to load '\\psf\Home\Desktop\VIDEOS\video 1.mp4" and similar messages with photos or music. The pathway to import the files is not working whereas sliding them directly from their folders to the application works perfectly.
Any help would be appreciated to solve what should be a simple problem. I have spent a few hours trying to solve the problem and have only managed to get more confused!

Re: Problems importing with the wizard

Postby fabraines » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:59 pm

Problem solved with the help of ProShow support who responded remarkably quickly. If you use Parallels on OSX to work with Proshow, it is important to use the virtual PC as a separate entity and not in unity with the OSX machine. I hope that this will help anyone else who meets similar difficulties.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting