Switch to full style
Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Post a reply

How to change text spacing (kerning and leading)

Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:44 am

I have Proshow Gold version 6.0.3410.

I want to create a show that will use a fair amount of carefully laid-out text on the slides. I have no problem entering or editing the text, but I can't find any tools for changing the spacing between the letters (kerning) and the spacing between lines (leading). I know I can use the spacebar between letters or set the line spacing at 1, 1.5, 2, etc. lines, but these adjustments are much too coarse for the fine tweaks that I want to make.

Am I missing something, or do kerning and leading tools not exist in PSG?

Re: How to change text spacing (kerning and leading)

Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:02 am

You are not missing anything.
Adjusting the space between letters and between lines of text, is not possible in ProShow Gold, only in ProShow Producer.

If you have lots of text, perhaps it would be easier to use a graphic editor (Photoshop and the like), and to save each text as a png file with transparency.
You can then insert it in ProShow like any other image, and animate it as you wish.

Re: How to change text spacing (kerning and leading)

Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:56 am

Many thanks for that advice, cherub. And thank you for the suggestion of creating my text in Photoshop, then saving it as a .png with preserved transparency - a great idea!
Post a reply