Problem with Output to Video for Archiving or Editing Option

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Problem with Output to Video for Archiving or Editing Option

Postby johnny » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:06 pm

I've been trying to output my completed slideshow under Video for Archiving or Editing, but I keep getting this message: "The device you have chosen requires a licensed plug-in." I have confirmed that I downloaded successfully the Presenter Plug-in on my computer. I've even been able to watch people's uploaded slideshows on this site. Still, ProShow Gold keeps giving me that message and I am denied what I'm trying to do.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Problem with Output to Video for Archiving or Editing Op

Postby cherub » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:18 pm

The plug-in that is meant here is not the Presenter plug-in.
They refer to the Devices Plug-in, which is for sale on Photodex site, for users of ProShow Gold.
http://www.photodex.com/proshow/plugins
Users of Producer don't need it.

Postby johnny » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:42 pm

Cherub,

Thank you for your response. I guess that it is not entirely clear to me about file type needed for posting a show. I use ProShow Gold 6.0 and have just output my show as an avi file. I've tried also to output it as a file for Archiving or Editing, but that is where I get denied because it says that I need the Presenter plug-in.

I've been looking over Paul Schmidt's Secrets of ProShow Experts . In it he describes the free show sharing option on the Photodex website. That's what I've been trying to figure out.

Can you (or anyone else) please clarify for me?

Thank you very much.

Postby cherub » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:14 pm

You don't need any plug-in for that :D :D

Instructions for Gold ver. 6:

Click on Publish (top of the screen)
Click on Pubish Show
A NEW WINDOW MENU OPENS. It is named "Publish Your Show"
Look at the very right of this menu, and choose "Proshow Gallery"

You need to log in with your credentials or, if you don't have an account, you need to create one (free).

That's it.

There is also the option of uploading the same thing through your regular browser, if you prefer, but you would still need to have an account there.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:31 pm

The free sharing site at Photodex actually does not use a video format - it uses the .px file format which is sort of an intermediate file (it still contains all the chunks, not rendered to a single video file). Under Producer (not sure if the same under Gold), under "Publish", you will see an entry for "Proshow Gallery" - that is the one to use for the Photodex site. As Mona (Cherub) indicates, you need to create a free account there if you don't have one. One thing that should be mentioned with regard to the "Proshow Gallery" - it does require the free Presenter plugin (which is already installed in your machine when you installed Proshow) to be installed on anyone that wants to view the show from there AND, Presenter only runs under windows. So it is simple for others with windows machines to view your shows you have shared there, but Mac and Linux users are out of luck. For them to view your show, you will have to render to avi or mp4 or something and put it on a site such as YouTube, Vimeo or another site. Be aware that YouTube scans videos posted for copyrighted music, so if you are using music from a CD your purchased for example, they may very well block it.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby johnny » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Mikey,

Thank you for your response. Since I wanted friends and family to access the slideshow, I finally settled on saving it as an avi file and uploading it to the application through my Hotmail account. That way, they could just download the file and watch it without having to establish an account and such.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Well sort of ... they would not have to establish an account to view files you had put on the Photodex sharing site since it would automatically allow them to install the free "Presenter" on their systems. The down side of that though is that "Presenter" only runs on a PC (not Mac or Linux for example). All you have to do is provide them a link to the show and the first time they click the link, it will offer to install the free Presenter on their system. It is safe, but like I said, only runs on a PC. If they have Macs, Linux etc., then uploading a video format to a public site is the best choice as you did.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting