Missing slide styles from cache

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Missing slide styles from cache

Postby lenmro » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:27 am

Hi
My PC crashed and I re-installed everything.

Now when I open my slideshow, it refers to 157 missing files in various folders like:
C:/ProgramData/Photodex/ProShow/Styles/Cache/xxxstyle_name/xxxfilename.png

I looked on my C drive, and the missing files are all there but in folders with a slightly different name:
C:/ProgramData/Photodex/ProShow/Styles/Cache/xxxstyle_name.installed/xxxfilename.png

In fact, in C:/ProgramData/Photodex/ProShow/Styles/Cache/ I have a mixture of folders, some with ".installed" at the end of the name, others without.

And when I look in my .psh file (using notepad) I can see it referring to some folders as ".installed" and others without ".installed" in the folder name.

What's the easiest way to get my slideshow working again?

BTW I have several, older, slideshows which all still open ok.

Thanks

Re: Missing slide styles from cache

Postby lenmro » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:08 am

Hi
After a bit of experimenting, I found the simplest way was just to edit the .psh file in notepad and correct the file paths, just by adding ".installed" to the end.
Anyone got any ideas why my .psh file would have pointed to a folder without the ".installed" when the images were in a folder with ".installed"?
Thanks

Re: Missing slide styles from cache

Postby cherub » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:27 am

Hi,
I'm glad that you were able to solve the problem by yourself.

I have no idea why you are getting that extension named "installed". I've never encountered such a problem myself, but I did hear about this from another user.
In his case, I thought that the problem was caused by installing styles manually, and placing them wrongly in the program's directory, instead of doing it through the program. But he was using Producer, and installing styles from all over the place.
As you are using Gold, I don't quite see how this might have happened.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting