Transitions & Effects

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Transitions & Effects

Postby Dennis9 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:59 am

Newbee,
This is my first post, so apologies if it’s in the wrong section or a misunderstanding of something obvious.
I’ve been using Proshow Gold for about a year and have got to like certain transitions and effects, which I tend to use most of the time. At the top left of the menu list is a “favorites” folder which is empty. I assume it is there for storing my most frequently used transitions, saving time searching for them.
My question is: how do I transfer or copy items into this folder? Help! I can’t afford to pull out any more hair.
Many thanks,
Dennis

Re: Transitions & Effects

Postby cherub » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:02 am

Hi Dennis,

The "Favorites" is not a folder but a "Category".
Look in:
Tools > Manage Effects > Transitions
Notice that on the left of that menu you have the various categories, and to the right are all the transitions that are part of that category.
Select one of the transitions that you like.
Notice that at the very bottom of the screen there is button named "Categorize" and at its right, another button with a star icon. If you hover over that star, you'll see the words "Add/Remove from Favorites".
By pressing on that star, the transition that you chose, will be added to your Favorites, in addition to the category that it already has.

The same thing applies to Styles.

Have a look also at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22673&hilit=category
It explains how to create your own categories. It was written for Producer, but the principle is the same for Gold.

Re: Transitions & Effects

Postby Dennis9 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:48 am

Hi Mona,
Thank you very much for your prompt and very helpful reply to my enquiry.
It really works a treat and your instructions were very clear and easy to follow.
Cheers, Dennis

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting