Gibberish font

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Gibberish font

Postby shimy01 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:51 am

Hi
I'm new to image editing.
I'm from Israel and all my folder names are in Hebrew.
But the software shows me them g'bris Font.
Also I am writing this text also seems to me g'bris Font
How can you do that the software will support Hebrew?
Thanks to all helpers

Re: Gibberish font

Postby cherub » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:21 am

Hi and welcome to the forum,

ProShow, like so many other programs, doesn't work well with foreign characters. You will find gibberish not only in folder names, but also in names of files, and of songs.
The only advice that I can give you, is NOT to use Hebrew names for anything.

Now, about the text that you want to write in your show:
To display Hebrew press on Alt and Shift before you begin typing.
Only fonts that are specifically designed for Hebrew will display Hebrew.
For example: Miriam, David, Gil, Guttman, etc, and the MS fonts: Arial, Tahoma, Times New Roman
Other fonts on your computer, that were designed for English, will not display Hebrew.

The writing will appear from left to right, so you need to type each word from the end to the beginning.

...בקיצור, מכה :cry:

שבת שלום

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Yikes - I hadn't thought about having to type the words reversed. I think I'm too old for that !!

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby cherub » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:50 pm

gpsmikey wrote:Yikes - I hadn't thought about having to type the words reversed. I think I'm too old for that !!
mikey

Yeah, a pain....
But apparently there are other applications that have this issue, for example applications for Flash animations.
I once saw an extension for Chrome whose sole purpose was to reverse Hebrew text. It worked well for Producer too.
But normally, I just write down the text on a piece of paper and then type it blindly from left to right. You can imagine that it's not just the word. It's the whole sentence that starts from the end. :shock:

But, to be quite truthful.... serious programs don't have any issues with Hebrew, eg: Microsoft, Adobe, Corel, Google and so on.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting